PDA

View Full Version : Child's Age

BigRedDad
04-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I am not trying to cheat WDW out of money, but how would they know the difference in a child's age if they are 2 or just turned 3 (by a week)?

The trip difference is $500. That same $500 would be used on premises anyway. Has anyone fudged a week or so on a 3 yo? We may even plan the week of her 3rd birthday. Would that have an affect on the pricing if she is 2 when we get there and turns 3 while we are there?

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 08:32 AM
I am not trying to cheat WDW out of money, but how would they know the difference in a child's age if they are 2 or just turned 3 (by a week)?

The trip difference is $500. That same $500 would be used on premises anyway. Has anyone fudged a week or so on a 3 yo? We may even plan the week of her 3rd birthday. Would that have an affect on the pricing if she is 2 when we get there and turns 3 while we are there?
If you are staying on site, Disney will require your children's dates of birth. If saving the money is the issue, perhaps you should consider planning the trip for before your child's 3rd birthday, then you can come and go with a clear conscience? I could not personally lie about it.

faline
04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
If she is 2 when you arrive, you will not need to pay for her even if she turns 3 while you are there.

If she is 3 before you arrive, you will need to purchase tickets for her and pay for her meals.

Intercot does not allow discussion on breaking Disney's rules so any discussion about "fudging" your child's age to avoid paying for tickets would violate those rules.

January-2007
04-17-2007, 08:43 AM
If you check in while she's still 2 she remains "2" for the duration of your stay as far as Disney is concerned. Kind of like if you check in the last day of value season, you get those rates the entire trip. However, if she is 3 when you go, you do need to pay for her. Discussion on how to "cheat the system" is not allowed on Intercot. Good luck deciding what to do, and happy planning! :mickey:

BigRedDad
04-17-2007, 08:59 AM
That is what I wanted to know. It makes the decision easier to be there over her Birthday instead of after.

imaprincess!
04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I actually recall there being some issue about my daughter's age at the airport, but not at WDW. She was turning 2 years old at about the time we were returning, and I remember the airline wanting to see her birth certificate. I just can't remember if it was at BWI or Orlando. :plane:

Bruegge
04-17-2007, 10:07 AM
They use a patented disney fingerprint database blood type, carbon dating, spectroanaylasis device created by Nasa engineers. Complete with a highly sensitive bio enhanced flux capictor discharge radio pulse...

I've seen it work... alarms go off.. men in black suits grab the offending party and they are never seen again..

Be warned.....LOL

Scott