PDA

View Full Version : CR opinions, please

debandbub
04-17-2007, 06:43 AM
We are going 12/8-12/13/07 and have a room in the Garden wing...my question...is it worth it to upgrade to a tower room? The difference in price seems like quite a chunk of money, which I would rather blow on other things in Disney, so I guess my real question is, will we be disappointed with the garden wing-isn't part of the appeal of CR staying at the tower? What sort of things can we expect from our stay in the Garden wing? How far is it from the Tower? Thanks for any and all opinions!! No matter what, I know we'll have a great time!!

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2007, 06:49 AM
We stayed only once at the CR in a tower room. I don't think I would stay there if I had a garden room. I would rather stay at the Polynesian. I'm sure it's nice in a garden room. To me the best thing was just walking outside your room and there's the monorail:mickey:

pox24
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
The tower rooms whether facing Bay Lake or the MK are breathtaking, even more since the remodel. Although it is a bit more money, its all there. No walking all the way back to the wing. Luckily in December the rainy season is over down here and that a plus. The shpooes MR, Food is an elevator ride away, plus the view. You always pay for the convenience at the higher end deluxe rooms. I would spend the extra. :thumbsup:

Lynn J Mc
04-17-2007, 08:23 AM
We've done both. I prefer the tower but a wing room is just fine with me. I would prefer a ground floor room in the wings. Last time the ducks were almost coming in the room when we would open the patio door. My niece who was 4 at the time would feed them and they got used to her. They would eat out of her hand. There was also a playground right at us and she enjoyed that. Either way - you'll have fun.

debandbub
04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks so much for the opinions, friends! I guess now it is just a matter of deciding. The price difference was more than I anticipated, but as I said, I'm willing to try anything!

KAT1811
04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Personally I wouldn't spend the extra $$$ on the tower room but that all depends on how much time you are planning on spending in the room itself. If you'll be there a lot then spend the extra $$$.

skisurf2
04-19-2007, 08:03 AM
We have done both. Tower is really nice, but not worth the money IMO. My family loved the old garden wing that they just flattened. The walk is not any worse then other resorts. CR, is outstanding IMO. Our families favorite. Lack of theming is refreshing after a day at the parks. The transportation is the best in all of Disney. Location is great, can't beat the food options.