PDA

View Full Version : Ice & Power Tools...

wizardmickey
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
...DON'T MIX!!!!!
Happily, we finished about 90% of the interior work on our Guest House this weekend, and then took a few minutes to attach handles & wheels to my amplifier (to make it easier to transport around.) When I got to wheel #3, Lady Ice began warning me/admonishing about my drilling technique: "Your not driving those screws straight & you're going to end up busting a knuckle." So, as she said it, the screw popped out from under the drill & the drill went down, knicking my left index finger (geting the nail & flesh next to it.) Lotta pain, blood & swelling... quickly wrapped hand in an ice pack & popped some pain killers. Today it is a little swollen & sensitive to the touch & I'm hoping that by tomorrow night I'll be able to use it since it is on my guitar hand (wouldn't you know it! Get the voice back & then this happens!)
Gotta use my rusty art talents to design a band logo & also transfer some video to DVD soon; we videotaped about 15 songs during rehearsal last week (13 of which turned out wicked awesome!) Who know's what we'll do with it...

chrisb26
04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh man sorry to hear that ice. That stinks. Hopefully your hand isn't hurt too bad. Doesn't sound like it needed stitchs or anything if you didn't go to the emergency room. Hope that hand gets better soon so you can play.

Chescat
04-16-2007, 07:22 PM
:funny: :funny: I'm sorry, I should be more sympathetic. You guys never seem listen. Mine does similar things and sometimes I just have to bite my tongue and not say I told you so! Or hide with all the bad language coming out of another part of the house.

Hope you are feeling better. :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Ouch Ice. That really gotta hurt. I hope it wasn't too bad. Get better soon :pixie:

Mr. Tom Morrow
04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Ice Ice Ice you need to listen to your wife!!

Reminds me of the time I was holding a piece of drywall while putting a screw in it with a drill. I got the screw right where I wanted it unfortunatly it was a little too long and it came through the other side and right into my index finger. I screwed my finger to the wall and had to call my wife to get her to reverse the drill and free my finger...it kinda hurt

Let that be a lesson to all you guys out there, listen to your wives:D

Thumper03
04-16-2007, 10:16 PM
First of all....Ice I hope you're feeling better! :hug:

And now to add to the classic power tool stories...
I've spent years in various areas of the construction industry, mostly interior millwork and cabinetry...so have my parents.
My Mom was the assistant manager for a door and window manufacturer, and she was the one who got to take all the injured to the hospital. When I was a teenager, one night after work she came home with this WINNER!

One of the guys in the shop who assembled jambs, shot a staple into his hand by his thumb.
My Mom and others went out to take a look and asked him how it happened...(this is no lie!)...he picked up the power staple gun, and continued to reconstruct the incident just as it happened..."well I was holding the gun like this and then it just went off...POW!!!..."(expletive removed) I did it again!!!" :doh: He actually shot another staple into his hand in the same place!!:funny: :rotfl: :funny:

My Mom called him an appropriate slang name, and took him to the hospital to get TWO staples removed from his hand!:medic:

That was MANY years ago, and I still laugh hysterically when I think about it.

Blue Genie
04-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Let that be a lesson to all you guys out there, listen to your wives:D

Question Tom what if you don't have a wife or a girlfriend like me then who do u listen to. :laughing: :haha:

wizardmickey
04-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Gosh y'all, some amazing stories!
Genie, if there is no "significant other", just memorize all of the horror stories you read here.
And yes Dino, no need for the hospital. It missed the bone & didn't go all the way through (like in Tom's story... eeeeeyouch!) I nicked the nail and fleshy part next to it near the tip, so it was bloody & bruised as well as swollen, but 2 days of taking the pain pills that I have for other issues (that I usually let sit in the bottle in case of emergencies), ice on my hand, elevation & Neosporin w/ bandages, I plan to try to gingerly play tomorrow. I will likely NOT (repeat NOT) attempt the 12 String though; that would be potential suicide.

janmathatter
04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Does a sewing machine qualify as a power tool? I once ran a sewing machine needle all the way through my thumb, and was stuck to the machine. I was all alone and had to turn the wheel to back the needle out of the thumb. I almost passed out several times during this process. But the dress for sleepy turned out great!!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Oh I feel nauseus (sp?). Just imagining it makes me :sick:

Blue Genie
04-17-2007, 01:42 AM
I'll try to remember that Ice.

Patricia
04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
I have power tools!

And so many stories... :blush:

Ice, Pixie Dust to you for a quick recovery.

wizardmickey
04-17-2007, 06:29 PM
janmathatter: Does a sewing machine qualify as a power tool?
I read that and envisioned Nacho pulling a Rambo there with a sewing needle!!!!

RenDuran
04-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I agree with MissBrittanyDoll, I'm starting to feel sick! Hope you're feeling better Iceman!

wizardmickey
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Bandage is off. Finger (the cut part) healed up very nicely. Fingertip is still a little numb & cold, but better that than hurting I sez!
Will work with it this week so I can play our 1st gig this weekend! :rocker:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Yay ice! Glad you're feeling better. Now let's burn it with some inferno :thedolls:

varcity
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Yay ice! Glad you're feeling better. Now let's burn it with some inferno :thedolls:

Ah, cauterizing. Sounds fun! I need videos, Wing dude! Can't wait to see the gig.

wizardmickey
04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Egads! Cauterizing?!? It wasn't bad enough for stitches, and now y'all are talking about cauterizing?? Next thing you'll wanna amputate my finger at the shoulder!!

janmathatter
04-24-2007, 01:12 AM
And we can use the chain saw to do it! Save a trip to the hospital.

wizardmickey
04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Cauterizing and using chainsaws to amputate my finger at the shoulder...
Y'know, I'm pretty sure if my wife knew y'all were talking this way she wouldn't let me play with you anymore! :D

bigpapiortiz34
04-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Ouch! That sounded like it hurt...a lot!!! Glad your feeling better buddy :)