PDA

View Full Version : Is Mr. Toad closed?

Evan52
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey guys, first time posting on the Disneyland section of intercot as I live in FL I've posted strictly in WDW in the past. However I am going to be taking a trip over to DL in the coming weeks! I'm really excited! The thing is, I wanted to leave possibly next week, however I see on the main page that Mr. Toad is closed for a rehab apparently beginning today on April 16. Then in the actual rehab section of this forum, I don't see the April 16 date listed.

My question is, can someone confirm whether or not Mr. Toad is currently closed for rehab? Being a big visitor of WDW, Mr. Toad is one attraction I'm really excited about getting the chance to ride again. It's been years since I last rode it before it closed at MK. Can someone tell me if Mr. Toad is currently closed and when it will open? Is it going to open May 3?

Also, are the differences between the two Splash Mountains that major? I ask this because I know that DL's Splash Mountain is currently closed for rehab. Should I wait until it opens to visit DL or is it really not worth it based on this one ride? I ask because I seem to hear mixed reports on DL's Splash Mountain as many prefer WDW's.

Also, sorry for another question but if I visit DL whenever it is that Mr. Toad will be open, possibly May 3, are there any other attractions I can expect to be closed. I've heard that Alice In Wonderland and Pinocchio were recently closed and I wouldn't want to go and have those two rides closed or the Matterhorn.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Chescat
04-16-2007, 08:29 PM
One thing I would suggest if you are flexible. A lot of things are closed because of Pirate Island and Finding Nemo rides. The Pirate Premiere is middle of May and that will be a mess. Pirate Island (formerly known as Tom Sawyer's Island) will open around the time the movie comes out. Then the Finding Nemo Ride is suppose to open on June 11th. So then it looks like most things are back up.

As far as Splash Mountain, I like the DLR ride. They have now put in seats as opposed to you just sitting on the benches. Its front to back as oppose to next to each other.

So definitely have to ride Space Mountain here. Its awesome since they redid it. Since June is the start of summer, they normally finish all of rehab and everything is open. First two weeks of June are really not usually too bad since a lot of the local schools aren't out yet. :D

NotaGeek
04-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Hey guys, first time posting on the Disneyland section of intercot as I live in FL I've posted strictly in WDW in the past. However I am going to be taking a trip over to DL in the coming weeks! I'm really excited! The thing is, I wanted to leave possibly next week, however I see on the main page that Mr. Toad is closed for a rehab apparently beginning today on April 16. Then in the actual rehab section of this forum, I don't see the April 16 date listed.

My question is, can someone confirm whether or not Mr. Toad is currently closed for rehab? Being a big visitor of WDW, Mr. Toad is one attraction I'm really excited about getting the chance to ride again. It's been years since I last rode it before it closed at MK. Can someone tell me if Mr. Toad is currently closed and when it will open? Is it going to open May 3?

Also, are the differences between the two Splash Mountains that major? I ask this because I know that DL's Splash Mountain is currently closed for rehab. Should I wait until it opens to visit DL or is it really not worth it based on this one ride? I ask because I seem to hear mixed reports on DL's Splash Mountain as many prefer WDW's.

Also, sorry for another question but if I visit DL whenever it is that Mr. Toad will be open, possibly May 3, are there any other attractions I can expect to be closed. I've heard that Alice In Wonderland and Pinocchio were recently closed and I wouldn't want to go and have those two rides closed or the Matterhorn.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the Disneyland Threads! I can't vouch for the differences between WDW and DLR Splash Mountain, but I am sure someone will come along with that comparison. But I can direct you to the official Closures thread here on INTERCOT'S DLR Theme Park Section. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=100588) These refurbs are updated as they roll out officially from Disney. Up to the minute info can be found on the official Disneyland website calendar. (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage) Good luck!

autumn
04-24-2007, 05:01 PM
i much prefer the wdw splash mountian to the dlr version. i think of the dlr one as a prototype, the kinks of which were worked out by the time they built the wdw one.

here's why:

1. dlr ride took the place of an old attraction called america sings and uses some of the old animatronics. unfortunately, you can tell that those characters were not made specifically for splash mountain. they are definitely weathered a bit and don't have the same design as the song of the south characters.

2. the overall storytelling is not well developed in the dlr splash mountain. there are gaps in "plot," so you find yourself wondering what the ride is about. the wdw version leaves no questions (and i have never seen the movie, so the only knowledge i have of the plot comes from the wdw ride).

3.dlr version doesn't flow; it's not cohesive. partly, this choppiness is due to the storytelling element mentioned above, but partly there are just long sections with no music, scenery, or animatronics.

4. the wdw version has one or two more scenes than the dlr version. one of my favorites (with the bees buzzing around the hives) is not in dlr.

in other words, don't worry about missing splash mountain if it's not open when you're there.

Vedderthanyou
04-25-2007, 06:33 AM
here's why:

1. dlr ride took the place of an old attraction called america sings and uses some of the old animatronics. unfortunately, you can tell that those characters were not made specifically for splash mountain. they are definitely weathered a bit and don't have the same design as the song of the south characters.

Not to be a jerk, but that's not right. Splash Mountain used animatronics from America Sings...but America Sings was located in Tomorrowland because it replaced Carousel of Progress. American Sings was later replaced by Innoventions.

Brad