PDA

View Full Version : Absolute best time to camp at FW?

bshaw96
04-16-2007, 06:24 PM
As mentioned in a thread below, we were considering going to FW in July, the last week to be exact. I checked, and there are sites available that week. I am however not completely sold on the idea of camping in Florida in July, A/C or not. In fact, every time we go to WDW in summer, we always leave saying "Next time, we're going when it's cooler". Yet somehow we keep going back in the summer.:confused: BUT, our family has the luxury of a flexible schedule and can pretty much travel anytime. I am not opposed to taking the kids out of school for a week if I need to. The only time we wouldn't go (though I'd love to) is Christmas, b/c we have a lot going on around here. So what in your opinion is the very best time to go? Considering all factors, weather, crowds, and so on.

ibrowse17
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
My favorite times to stay at FW would be early Nov/Dec. The weather and crowds will be great. Also, early summer is better than later summer in my mind. No matter when you go, have a great trip:thumbsup:

mickey98
04-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Best time to camp at F.W. is first two weeks in November or first week in December.. None better.. Weather is great during the day and cool at night.. great window open sleeping weather.. crowds are light.. We do this time each year and love it...

:thumbsup:

faline
04-17-2007, 05:32 AM
We've camped in October and found that to be a very enjoyable time to be the World.

Auntie
04-17-2007, 11:44 AM
We always went to Disney in August..yes it's hot. Last two trips, we went in May..and it was wonderful! Warm..without the humidity that you have in July or August. Really delightful.:mickey: I wouldn't mind trying October..and in fact we were supposed to..but cancelled..because I didn't want to go during the free dining that was running the 1st week of October last year. Seem as if it was going to be too crazy in the restaurants. Looking forward to May..but would love to try October also.:thumbsup:

Vanlandingham
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
We've always generally gone during summer months. The crowds aren't bad in August but you deal with the highly increased possibility of hurricanes during that month.

I will second Auntie's love for going in May though. That's easily the best time I've come across to camp at FW.

TheMartellFamily
04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
We love the end of October and beginning of Nov. We have gone at other times of the year and we always say we are only going at the Oct/Nov time.

Camping Mom
04-18-2007, 11:03 PM
We have been Christmas week, late June, early July and January. I love the festivities of Christmas, the warmth of summer, and the crowd control of January. I really want to go in November/early December, though. I hear from lots of people it is the best time.

RJAMV5
04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
We've been there in the Spring, Summer, and during the Christmas Holiday's. I must say my family enjoy's the Summer time frame the most. Since we are used to the high humidity, it doesn't bother us.
But if the time is right we hook up and head on over to FW. That's what happened with both our Spring trips and three Christmas trips!!!:bolt:

It's great just being there!!:mickey:

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
We've always generally gone during summer months. The crowds aren't bad in August but you deal with the highly increased possibility of hurricanes during that month.

I will second Auntie's love for going in May though. That's easily the best time I've come across to camp at FW.

We got evacuated during hurricane Charley years ago they were going to put us in the french quarter, but we didnt want to leave our cart and coach in the parking lot they dont have shelter for all your camping stuff, so we bolted home.