PDA

View Full Version : ADR for MK Day

Mnchknbrat1982
04-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I've got a question. The day we are going to Magic Kingdom right now I have an ADR for 5:40 at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I want to be back in time for the parade at 8 pm. So I am wondering do you think this is a good choice for a couple in their 20's with no kids? Both are kinda picky eaters. Neither like barbeque so probably would just order off the menu. If not where would you go? It can be in the park or at a resort nearby. We are on the dining plan, but want somewhere that is only 1 ts.

Our's ADR's are: Chef Mickey's, Sci Fi, Coral Reef, and Le Cellier.

Places considering:
Crystal Palace
boatwright's
kona cafe
tony's town square

illini
04-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I haven't eaten there, but I don't think it's a good place if you're not a barbeque fan. (I'm not one, either, which is why I decided not to make an ADR there.)

Crystal Palace does a very good buffet, IMO, though not sure you're really wanting a character dinner.

My vote would go to Kona, though. I just posted today asking about it, and I'm so excited after reading the replies. I think it will be more peaceful and relaxing than WCC, and more interesting food.

Natazu
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Kona is a great choice. So is boatwrights but it's a little farther away. You can take the launch from MK to Kona. I'm not a big fan of any of the MK restaurants, expecially for adult-only diners.

SBETigg
04-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't think Whispering Canyon is a good idea for two adults. I wouldn't recommend Boatwright's, either. If Grand Floridian Cafe is still serving as 1900 Park Fare while you are there, the best bet in the MK area is Kona Cafe or 'Ohana. There really isn't a great TS option in the MK.

Goofeygal
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
There are 2 ts restaurants in MK we like Tony's Townsquare and The Plaza restaurant.:mickey:

sassafras
04-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Whispering Canyon is a great place to eat if you have little kids and like a noisy atmosphere;however, the food is very good there.(it's not all barbecue--they have other things on the menu.) It all depends if you want to be witness to stickhorse races around the room and possibly a participant in the Hokey Pokey midway through your meal. Never to been to Kona, have been to Crystal Palace, which I wasn't cracked about--too much of Piglet and Eeyore sticking their head in front of me while dining. You might try the Liberty Tree. They have pretty good food, and while it is a character meal, once they see you don't have kids with you, they pretty much just wave as they go by. Hope this helps!

HndrdPrcnt
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I would say that your best bet would be Kona Cafe'. I have yet to be there personally, but from friends who have been there, and from all the posts that I have read, I think that it would be your best choice!

Enjoy! It looks like you have some great ADRs for your trip!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Don't think the BF would like Kona or else I would do. He is very much a meat and potatoes guy. But he is very picky about things. And not adventureous at all. The only veggies he eats are potatoes and corn lol! So I'm either going to stick with WCC or switch to I think Crystal Palace.

lilmattie13
04-17-2007, 01:20 AM
I would go with Kona.

Do not go to Whispering Canyon if you want an adult meal lol
Its great but noisy and full of kids.

1900 is great too but i think its in the cafe. By the way anyone know how long it will be there or when it is going back to its location?

Anyhow have a great time...:)

ldc12377
04-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Have you thought at O'Hana? From everything I've been reading, it is MEAT HEAVEN!!! We are trying this one on our next trip. Also if you wanted to you could watch the fireworks from the beach. Their pipe the music right in...Very Romantic!! Just a thought.

Have a wonderful trip!

illini
04-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Brandie,
In the thread I posted about Kona, a couple of replies raved about the prime rib. Just checked the menu and they also have filet mignon-- both are served with mashed potatoes. :mickey: So if you're thinking you'd like to try it, it just might work for your BF, too.

Menu is on info central at http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/konadinner.asp