PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Festival Questions

mickey-mouse35
04-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Where can I get information on the events held during the Food and WIne Festival--especially ticketed events like Party of the Senses?
I've read here to try Sweet Sunday, POTS and Eat to the Beat, but have no idea what they are and how much they cost

Also, will menus be posted for the Food Booths/kiosks for the festival so we can plan which to try?

Thanks so much. Can't wait to go! :D

JERSEYDISFAN
04-16-2007, 05:59 PM
If memory serves correctly, you'll see a list of events posted here on Intercot somewhere around the middle to end of May. Reservations will open up around the first of July so, make you choices and hit the phone the first day reservations open up. Many of the events sell out quickly, some within the first few minutes and some within hours. Others like the Party for the Senses are easier to get.

As for the detailed kiosk menus, they generally don't make an appearance on the boards until a day or two before the festival begins. Although you can generally get an idea of the offerings by looking at last year's menus. The bill of fare is generallly 80% the same the following year. Hope this helps.

Natazu
04-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Here ya go (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/foodwine.asp)

If you're looking for anything specific, just ask.

Party for the Senses is the most amazing even that WDW offers. Here's the 9/30/06 full Party menu (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=86322). Do not miss this event, whatever the cost (last year $125 a person)

Eat to the beat is a concert series. Musical guests perform in the America Gardens Theatre. The band schedule will be announced mid-summer.

Sweet Sunday's doesn't really do it for me. I think it's a little pricey. Plus, I'm pretty picky about desserts and the rarely have things I like.

Crow
04-17-2007, 02:56 AM
im wondering how bad the first weekend will b
went 2005 in Mid Oct and the weekend was busy.
just booked free dining n stayin extra days to hit F&W but it will b the first 2 days of it....
i did like the wine tasting n Sam Adams seminar

Natazu
04-19-2007, 12:58 PM
im wondering how bad the first weekend will b
went 2005 in Mid Oct and the weekend was busy.
just booked free dining n stayin extra days to hit F&W but it will b the first 2 days of it....
i did like the wine tasting n Sam Adams seminar

We've been on opening day for about three years. The lines at the booths are short but the weekends are rough, mostly locals. The biggest issue early on is the people operating the booths don't really have it together yet.

Crow
04-19-2007, 01:53 PM
i noticed the big difference in the lines between weekdays n wkends. that was mid Oct.
im going on the dining plan, then going off it for 2 days switching resorts n figured i could just snack.
i know snack credits can b used on the plan, but i wanted to split my stay n therefore no dining last few days. but now im thinkin mayb i should even stay another day to take in the F&W. ill b there Fri Sept 28 and planning on leaving Sat but mayb i can change

SallyP
04-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Please know that the page Jym directed you to refer to special event dates from 2006.
The dates of special event dinners for 2007, etc. will not be made public until July. It used to be earlier (May) but for the last 2 years the schedule has been released in July.

mickey-mouse35
04-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks, Jym, for the info. Looks like a lot of fun. For Party of the Senses, how does it work? Do you just go from country to country in World Showcase and try the different food/wine? Do they close the park to only POTS people, or are you having to fight the traffic with the others there at the other booths? Sounds like a lot of food/wine to try in just a couple of hours. Wondering how the crowds are and if it will be worth the $300+ extra for DH and me to try it.

You're right--the Sweet Sunday looks overly priced for what you're getting. We'll skip that.

wendy*darling
04-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Party for the Senses is not out among the World Showcase booths. It is a hard-ticketed event held indoors. I believe the World Showplace "hall" between Canada and the UK (used to be the Millenium Village) and the Odyssey (between Future World & World Showcase) are 2 venues that have recently been used for this party.
There are stations set up around the room. You just roam from station to station sampling the foods, watching the performers. You can eat and drink as much as you like.
There is a "program" so you can choose to go to certain locations or you can just graze around the room and try whatever appeals to you.
There are tables and chairs scattered throughout the room if you want to stop and sit while you eat and drink.

Epcot is open while you are inthe PFTS.