PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a book that gives two day tour plans for Magic Kingdom...

sunshinegirl
04-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Several months ago I borrowed a book from a library that had several different tours for different age groups (preK, big kids, seniors etc.) for each park in the world. The tour would tell you where to go first for FP, then where go next while waiting, best viewing places for parades etc. I cannot remember what book that info was in. Does anyone have any ideas? I thought it would be helpful because I will just go to the park and be overwhellmed and miss too much. Any helpful hints I would appreciate it. We leave in 14 days!!! (me, DH, DD-5, my parents) Thanks!!

cjb121879
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I think you are referring to the PassPorter. Mine came in a spiral-bound book with a purplish color. I've heard there is also a leather-bound edition.

Hope this helps you. I love my PassPorter- the touring plans, the spaces to fill in your information and the pockets which hold lots of stuff!

goofiecrazy
04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
It might be Birnbaums book.I have gotten this book several times from the library and they tell u everything like what to see if u have preschoolers, when to get beat the crowds things like that.That book has everything in there from hotels to restaurants to parks and guides if u were just visisting each one day.PLus a ton of other things. Hope thats the book.I havent seen the passporter ever at my library here.

goofiecrazy
04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Sorry the Disney stores sell this book as well as book stores.

Niecyboo
04-16-2007, 05:20 PM
If you can only get one book, I think I'd start with a passporter, but in case that's not the book you were looking for, The Unofficial Guide also has a one day, one day with children, two day plan and something called the "Dumbo or Die" plan. Honestly, I found them to be a bit too intense for us, but it's a great start.

marylayson
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I believe the book you're looking for is the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. It has several plans. It's connected website, touringplans.com has many more. The site charges $6.95 for access to most of the plans or it's free if you register your book. You can check out sample plans for each park for free to see if they're the kinds of things you want.

tinksmom02
04-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I think you might be thinking of the Unofficial Guide. I just picked it up (to ease my disney cravings when i can't be on Intercot LOL) and they have some pretty in-depth tours.

I ordered the Passporter from 2 different places (online, and at a local bookstore) and neither one will have it in stock until mid-May. Can anyone explain why???:confused:

disneynarula
04-17-2007, 11:12 AM
You might want to consider just asking for touring opinions here on the boards. Most people here on Intercot could write their own books.

King Triton
04-17-2007, 12:39 PM
I think you're referring to the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World", published annually. There's plenty of plans in there, but as others have mentioned, don't get too bogged down in the planning.

thejens
04-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I am also guessing unofficial guide. I tried their plans on my first trip last year and they worked beautifully except MGM. MGM has too many shows and timed events which seemed to mess me up. The most important part of the plans seems to be getting to the parks on opening and following the plan as close as you can for first few hours. After you enjoy the most popular rides you can relax more. I really found the UOguide to be a HUGE advantage during spring break. I never waited in long lines despite the crowds. To me, waiting in long lines and missing attractions feels more intense than following a plan, but to each her own! At least that is my experience. Have fun!