PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Hayden's Dad
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
We will be getting to Disney World about 12:00 noon on a Wednesday. My wife and I want to take our 15 month old over to Magic Kingdom of his very first haircut, so he will have his new haircut for all the pictures for the rest of the week, and then meet the rest of our family at the Disney Studios for the rest of the afternoon and to catch Fantasmic that night. Does anyone have any advice on the easiest way for us to get there. My son is in a wheelchair and we were thinking about taking a monorail to Epcot and then walking through the boardwalk, or would just catching a bus and hopping over be easier. Thanks in advance.

Figment78
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
IMO taking the bus from MK to MGM would be easier and faster. Taking the monorail from MK to Epcot then walking to MGM would probably take quite a while because you would actually have to:

Take the express monorail (or boat) from MK to the Ticket & Transportation center

Transfer to the Epcot monorail.

Walk all the way through Epcot Future World to the international gateway in the World Showcase.

Walk the entire way from the gateway to MGM (or take a Friendship launch, which although is less walking, is still a bit long).

I personally would take the bus. However, I always applaud people for "thinking outside the bus" for Disney transportation options!

Hayden's Dad
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks, I didn't realize how much walking was involved. The busses do sound much faster.

Figment78
05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
No problem. Glad to help!

jenny1976
05-03-2007, 03:10 PM
As a disabled person myself, I have to agree, the busses are faster and more convenient both for him and for you, whom I assume will be pushing the chair. Also don't forget to get him a Guest Assistance Pass. Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!