PDA

View Full Version : Councourse Steakhouse or Hollywood & Vine Playhouse Disney Character Breakfast?

raider97
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Help!! Help!! I am second guessing Hollywood & Vine.... We have three children 4, 2 and 1. They watch playhouse disney in the morning for a few hours, but don't see JoJo or the Einsteins anymore due to the scheduling. Should we still go? I was also able to get into Concourse Steakhouse for dinner... Which would would you go to?

As for character meals we are also doing Liberty Tree, Crystal Palace, and Princess Breakfast.

Thanks!!!

faline
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd go with the character meal as the characters can help keep the kids entertained during the meal. At Concourse Steak house, there isn't anything to entertain the kids (except the monorail sliding through) though they may see some of the characters from Chef Mickey's at a distance.

kris10399
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Back in October we did both restaurants. I would side with the Hollywood and Vine option. The characters come around and interact with all of the tables and the kids do a conga line. It was really fun. We had our DD there at 2.5 y/o. Leo kept coming around to play with her..she loved it!

maizey05
04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Don't know about Hollywood & Vine but, I am a fan of Councourse. We ate there 09/06 and it was one of our favorite meals. I had some pasta,lobster bisque and creme brulee, and DH had Filet Mignon and chocolate cake. All wonderful! We had friends with us with a 1 yr old. and found Concourse to be very kid friendly. They like the monorail overhead too!

comicguy
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
With 3 little ones I would stay w/ Hollywood and Vine. The characters are great for the kids and helps to keep them entertained.

I love the Concourse Staekhouse but it is not overly kid friendly but is it ever a great meal.

MsMin
04-16-2007, 04:26 PM
I wasn't thrilled with Concourse and neither was the entire party of 7. The only ones who liked their entree were the ones who ordered the filet and that was overcooked and our wonderful waiter insisted on recooking them which doesn't help with the flow of the meal but the recooked steaks were better. (Wordy but trying to be honest and fair). I agree that the children could be distracted by Chef Mickey but you are doing several character meals and I think variety is good. I think it's nice to have at least one meal that is not buffet or set plate. Out of the two I would pick Concourse but order something different (I had the rosemary saturated Prime Rib).