PDA

View Full Version : Help! I only have 1.5 days to hit all parks....

KatGat
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
We won't have kids in tow, but only have about 7 hours the first day & 17 hours the second day (emh). What order would you tour the parks? We arrive at lunch on Sat. (grad night weekend) and leave Mon. early am. I was thinking about Epcot & AK the Sat., then MGM & MK the Sunday. We knwo there's lots we want to see in Epcot, so we may have to hit AK, MGM, & MK all on the Sunday. Whew!
With things shutting down early on Sat. 4/28, we'll probably go to Pleasure Island at night.

DVC2004
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow, you are gonna be exhausted! But it's a fun way to get exhausted. I think Epcot and MK are going to take up the most time. We usually spend only 2-3 hours are AK and the same at MGM if we are rushed. Definitely utilize Fast Pass. You won't see everything though, but good luck!

AmberB
04-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Just my two cents, but I think I would enjoy the trip more by seeing 2 parks instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off and trying to hit all of the parks. Good luck trying to see it all.:minnie:

faline
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
If I have this figured out correctly, you're arriving around lunchtime on the 28th of April??

Obviously, you'll only be able to hit the highlights of each park and I'm not sure if I'd try to fit all 4 into the time you have available.

On arrival day, I'd head to Disney Studios which will be open until 8:30 p.m.

On Sunday, I might hit Animal Kingdom at opening, just do my two most favorite rides and move right along to Epcot where I'd remain until mid-afternoon. From there, I'd head to the Magic Kingdom and remain for the extra magic hours which will run until 10 p.m.

MOJoe
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
4 Parks and Pleasure Island in a day and a half? Are you kidding? Have you ever done anything like that before? Anyway, if you insist on trying, the parks are typically least crowded on saturday, so get your favorite attractions done then. Sunday, of course, is typically the busiest day at all the parks, so you may get to a few attractions first thing in the morning.
I would start out at MGM, then go to MK saturday, and start at AK, then go to Epcot on sunday.
But really, why do you want to do this? You will probably only get to see a few of your favorite attractions in each park, before it is time to move on. If that is your intention - fine. But you will spend several of your prescious hours just walking in and out of the parks, and the bus rides in between.
At WDW, less is more. I'd pick my 2 favorite parks to see and take my time.

crazypoohbear
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
It's very doable!
I would do Animal Kingdom first.
do Kali River Rapids
Safari
single rider EE
then if you like Dino, primevilwhirl etc.
Try to hit TTBAB on the way out.
Next
MGM Studios,
Fast pass RNRC, Tower
Go back to Star tours, Great Movie Ride, Back lot tour
Check out LMA if you can fit it in
IF you can make fantasmic do it. Leave that park and go to Pleasure Island.
Get up the next day at the crack of dawn, Go to MK. ( Maybe book Crystal Palace for Breakfast to get in early.) Do as much there as possible, leave and go to epcot.
You want to do MK first because it closes early, you can still hit most of Epcot and catch Illuminations. Then try Pleasure Island if you didn't make it the night before.
Sleep on the ride home! ( Unless you are driving.)
You won't see everything but you can hit the high lights. Don't sweat what you miss, enjoy what you see!:mickey:

thejens
04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow that is a lot to do! I am worrying I don't have enough time in 8 days!!! Epcot and MGM are close so you could walk from one to the other and avoid the busses. Or walk to Beach Club and take the Boat to MGM. I personally wouldn't spend much time in MGM. You could do MGM first thing in a.m., hit your favorites and then walk on over to Epcot for the rest of the day. But squeezing AK and MK into one day??? That's a tough one! Just immediately start planning your next trip on your way home!

TiggerRPh
04-18-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't think you can do it and enjoy it....I'd pick two parks and do that.

mdricks
04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Been there done that!!! I do one or two days solos every year and hit multiple parks (4 a day usually) and get a good sit down ADR at Cali or Narcossees for dinner.

Last solo trip I was first on and last on space mountain and rode everything I wanted at each park in the middle.

The secret is flexibility. You will not be able to "do it all". There is a likelihood you will not be able to do what you want. Last time I was down solo Splash was not working and that is a top of list item for me. Oh well! you pick up and move on to the next.

Amazingly, you can get 10 times more done by yourself (or with a willing commando partner) then you can family style.

My last trip
start at MK first in line and hustled through to all the big rides.
Next AK -rode EE and dinosaur ate a quick breakfast, lion king
mgm- tower and RRC (twice each)
Epcot lunch TT soarin Mission space
Narcossee's for dinner
MK for emh got home at 2 am.....

I had a great time and would do it again in a minute (May 19th to be exact! :D )

I love the 10 day trips with the family but the 48 hour solos are a guilty pleasure I wouldn't give up either.......

:number1:

King Triton
04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
The only thing I'd add to the great advice so far is that if you're going to hit the Studios for a short visit, don't go in the early AM. The shows (like Indy, Beast and the car show) tend to not get going until late morning. Although I'd definitely hit Epcot for a long part of a day, the same comment holds since World Showcase doesn't get going until late AM.

MOJoe
04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I want my next WDW trip to be with mdricks!!:secret: Don't tell the family!:cool:

mdricks
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Ill pick you up in cape MOJoe! Cheap flights outta memphis. (just dont tell my wife and kids!)
:D

imaprincess!
04-19-2007, 02:37 AM
That's a whole lot to do in a little bit of time. If you're really gonna do it, be sure you have an intinerary laid out before you get there. Good luck!

DisneyDudet
04-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I think you can probably do it... I went for a weekend once and had a blast! It was AP preview weekend for EE. This is what we did...

Arrive at MCO at 1145, got rental car and headed to AK.
Parked in the last row of parking (thats how crowded it was!) at 1pm.
Belined it to EE
90 min wait, get single rider pass and lanyard.
Got in single rider line at 130-ride 135 together
Get another single rider pass-ride at 2(we rode twice, i sat next to a man who waited 2.5 hrs!)
Went to Tusker House for lunch-got another single rider pass on the way.
Ate lunch-recieved fast pass for KS from cook.
Rode KS
Rode EE- waited 40 min in single rider line.
Left-checked in at ASSp, drop stuff off, board bus to MK.
Got FP for Space, ate strawberry swirl
Mickey's Philharmagic
HM
PotC
Ate Dole Whip Float
TTA
Shop
Space Mtn
Found Wishes viewing spot.
Ran to get food from Casey's
Watched Wishes
Exit Park-walk to CR
Catch bus for DTD
Shop in 12 Days of Christmas and WoD
Board bus for resort
Get in room, shower, in bed by 12:15

Day 2
Wake up, move car and board bus for Epcot @ 815.
Walk the rope to Soarin
Got FP and rode Soarin in B1
Walked to Mission Space and rode
Looked around and shopped in Mouse Gears
Rode Soarin using FP
Turtle Talk too long
SSE
Look at my Leave a Legacy pic
Exit via International Gateway
Ate lunch at Beaches n Cream
Walked to MGM
Got FP for RnRC and rode RnRC
Got FP for ToT and rode ToT
Rode RnRC using FP
Rode ToT
Rode ToT using FP
Muppet Vision 3D
Ate a Mickey bar near Indiana Jones
Shopped and looked in stores
Left MGM and headed back to ASSp
Looked in resort gift shop
Checked out, went to Outlet Mall
Shopped in the Character Permiere
Shopped in Coach Outlet
Ate at Subway in the food court
Left for airport
Checked in and departed by 7

It's so doable!

princessgirls
04-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Disney Dudet...

YOU ARE FIERCE DISNEY WARRIORS!!!

Thanks for sharing.

I'm tired now, just from reading.

Julie:mickey:

TIdoubleGR
04-20-2007, 08:32 AM
This thread is giving me crazy inspiration to do an impromptu WDW weekend...not good for the checkbook...

I'm impressed to say the least!

KatGat
04-20-2007, 08:32 AM
WOW! ok, I'll say it again..Wow! You guys are great!! I am definitely a cammando tourist and can usually hit 2-3 parks a day with my family of 6, so I think I can accomplish lots on my own. I'm not interested in most of the shows that have set times. Mostly the most popular (or my favorite) attractions and shops. I do have an agenda spreadsheet but know that we'll have to be somewhat flexible. We probably won't eat at any sit-down restaurants, just counter service or snacks on the go. I'd been warned to stay clear of MK on Saturday because of the grad night teens, so I may have hit that one Sunday (even if it's the busiest day of the week for MK).
Some may think I'm crazy and won't enjoy it, but I love the challenge and adrenaline rush. Besides, I'll still make the annual trek with my whole family in the Fall for several days. I just happened to have a flight credit to my name and an AP in my pocket and a friend to share the costs of a value room. (I get a whirlwhind weekend at my favorite place on Earth for dirt cheap!) :cloud9: Thank you thank you to everyone's specific touring ideas. You've given me much to consider. Look for my trip report after March 30!

DisneyDudet
04-20-2007, 11:46 PM
You will enjoy it. Just know you won't get to do everything you're used to. It didn't bother us because we had just been there before Christmas, so we had just done everything. I mean, we missed Splash, fantasyland rides, Buzz, Dinosaur, Test Track, Universe of Energy, Turtle Talk, the WS, among others. I feel that was my favorite trip. Almost no planning and just fun.

Not to mention I'm quite proud to say I did all 4 parks and did most headliners in each, plus DTD all in less than 48 hours!