PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about POFQ

Mnchknbrat1982
04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Tell me everything there is to know about Port Orleans French Quarter. I just switched to this hotel from Pop Century for Sept 22-27. How is the bus system? What room or area should we request? How is the food court? ETC

RedSoxFan
04-16-2007, 03:01 PM
We enjoyed our stay at POFQ. Every building is great -- it's such a small resort that it is not a long walk to the bus stop, pool, gift shop, and food court. Food court was very good. My kids loved the serpent slide. We were in Building 5 -- 2 connecting rooms on the first floor near the pool (but not a pool view room). The busses were okay -- you share with POR. But you get picked up first and dropped off first. And there is also a boat to DD which is a nice change from the busses. You will enjoy the resort.:mickey:

GreenBeetle
04-16-2007, 03:21 PM
We also love Building 5 (2nd floor) - very close to the food court, shop, pool etc. But you really won't have a long walk no matter what building you are in. That's one of the great things about POFQ.

A also agree that the food court is quite good. And the pool is great - the sea serpent slide is cool - not just for kids!!

I think you'll be happy with your decision. It's very quaint and romantic. :cool:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
You'll love POFQ! It is our favourite resort, mainly due to the size.

We stayed in Building 4, top floor, near the main building and loved it! Everything is so close, and although there isn't a sit-down restaurant, the food court was more than what we needed. They have the regular fare of grilled foods, pretty-good pizza, fresh, made-to-order beignets, fresh fruit, etc.

The buses can be shared with POR, depending on how busy it is. Even when they are shared, you are the first ones on (good for getting a seat) and first off (shorter rides home).

We love POFQ, hope you will too! :thumbsup:

maizey05
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
POFQ is neat because it's grounds are very nice, and in a few minutes, you can walk to "Riverside". Love the fact that it has a boat that takes you to DD! The little lounge there, "Scatcats" is nice for a cocktail and a rest. We had a room looking out on the courtyard, which had a pretty fountain. No location there is a bad one. Bus system is good, and so is the food court, which is definately less crowded than when we stayed at CBR and CS.

Mnchknbrat1982
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
are the beds too small for 2 people to sleep in comfortably? As they didn't have any kings left.

njsmama
04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Ohhh, you are gonna love it! Buildings 2 and 5 are closest to the pool and close to the lobby, food court and Bus stop and just hop skip and a jump from the dock. This resort is I believe the smallest resort at WDW. It is beautiful, and one of my favorites. I can't think of anything bad about it!
It also has fast bus service and the boat ride to DTD is a relaxing change.
You have to eat a Beignet for me while your there, get them fresh and hot....yummmm.
Have a wonderful trip and I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did.
Alison:mickey:

ledudes
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I loved it. It is my new favorite. I mean, I would always prefer deluxe, but since spending a fortune on a room I'm barely in seems silly, teh POFQ is great. I hated teh value resorts so this small step u made a huge difference. The decor is pretty, nice pool, small enough so you don't have to walk far anywhere (like All Stars :(
I loved teh boat ride to DD and teh bus rides never seemed bad either. We were first on the bus so we always got a seat, unlike Riverside. I would definitely recomend it:number1:

CanadianWDWFan
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
We will be back home in 4 DAYS!:cloud9:

We like Building #5. For us it is the location. Close to everything. Really though, there is no bad building at POFQ since it is such a small resort. As said earlier, beignets. :tasty: Oh don't inhale while eating them, otherwise you'll choke on the powdered sugar, so keep a glass of water close by.:secret:

The boat to DTD is a plus, also since POR and POFQ are sister resorts you can use the ammenities at either resort. The food court, we found had a pretty good selection of food for a small one. They had a lot of New Orleans inspired cusine so it was pretty tasty.

We found the bus system to be efficient. At MK, for the return trip, there was a separate bus for either resort. Going to the parks, POFQ is picked up first. We found that when the bus was full, it would by-pass POR entirely.

IMO you made a good choice!:thumbsup:

mdricks
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
POFQ is a great resort. The boat to DTD is a real plus, especially if you resort hop for dining. The bus situation is awsome. 1st on and 1st off. The rooms are all close to the action. We stayed the furtherest you could stay from the food court and still walked less then we did a CBR. The set up is very nice and this is the only place i know of to get beniegts. Yummmm.

tinksmom02
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
We were at POR last trip, and while we loved it, it just seemed so big and spread out. We visited POFQ for dinner one night (this was during Riverside's food court rehab), and from what we could see during the boat rides to DTD (a fabulous perk, by the way!), we felt POFQ might be more our style. It's not that far to POR if you want to enjoy any of their amenities.

PS. We'll be there same time as you! We requested building 5, we shall see.....

Pirate Granny
04-16-2007, 10:19 PM
We LOVE POFQ...we've stayed in bldg #5 (first floor facing the courtyard) in connecting rooms...and in Bldg #6 (both times 1st floor facing the water)...we asked for but didn't get a king bed either...perhaps they don't have many....I think it's perfect...I love getting my tea and sitting on a bench facing the water in the early morning and watching the fishing boats and the boats to DD go by...then walking over to Riverside and strolling around the paths along the water there...The only thing that I miss (which wouldn't be in character) are the hammock (like those at the CBR)... You will have a wonderful time...:pirate:

wdwnomad
04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey Mnchknbrat1982! I will see you there! I will be staying at POFQ from 9/26 - 10/3. I am too excited about staying there. After reading about how many people rave about this resort, I can't wait to see it.

Mnchknbrat1982
04-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Is there one building that I should request? I will need a non smoking building.

GINNY69
04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
18 more days and I will be staying here too.. I am so excited and I only heard wonderful things about this resort.. I can hardly wait ... It's going to be a long 3 weeks for vacation to get here..

:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
04-17-2007, 08:48 AM
18 more days and I will be staying here too.. I am so excited and I only heard wonderful things about this resort.. I can hardly wait ... It's going to be a long 3 weeks for vacation to get here..

:mickey:
Please don't wish my vacation time away!:D We will be there this Friday:cloud9:

garymacd
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Only one word needs to be said about POFQ - BEIGNETS:cloud9:
Need anyone say more? I think not!

Brian, have fun on Friday! Wish I was going there, too. Now I have to wait until May and stay at WL. darn;)

Wonder how we can get to POFQ for beignets?

wenvi
04-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi, My family just returned from FQ April 13th.
It was our first stay at the resort but will be the only resort we stay at in the future. It was wonderful. We stayed in building 2 and it was close to the pool, the food court, and the boat to DTD was right outside the building. It is a beautiful resort and the food court was as good as any. There are many choices and most was very good (I recommend the pot roast). The buses were always empty when they arrived and sometimes returning to the resort we were the only ppl on the bus! This was great considering we were there over Easter and the parks were crowded. Have a wonderful trip, I know you won't be disappointed.

The 1,000th Happy Haunt
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
This is by far my favorite resort (even stayed there on my honeymoon) for all the reasons listed above. When you get there if you are into spotting Hidden Mickeys, check out the comforters. There a a ton!:mickey:

Mikey Piano 23
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
The pool is nice, the hot tub is nice after a long day (although no recommended in the Florida sun), also I only ate at the food court once but the ribs are good with a tall :beer:

moe513
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
It is beautiful. I think you will find it relaxing too becuase it is so much smaller than the values. There is only on bus stop and then you go over to POR to pick up people. It also has the boat to dtd which goes by the old tree hoese villas that I like to see. The tree are mostly empty and spooky looking

moe513
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Also, the pool is great. Its a big colorful serpeant.