PDA

View Full Version : This Can't Be Right-- 180+10

illini
04-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I know I've read in some posts around here that when you call to make your ADRs under the 180+10 that they hold out some tables for the actual 180 mark.

I just called and spoke to a CM who told me that when I call on May 7th to do my ADRs that CRT will probably be sold out to everyone who's already been calling under the 180+10 rule. He said that NO tables are held back.

Surely that's not right, is it? If so, unless you have a 10 day trip planned and book for your last day, you won't be able to get CRT.

Anyone have any insights? And yes, I'm still panicking over getting CRT for dd's 5th bday! :blush:

r4kids
04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
It is the way it is set up. If your staying on Disney property you get to make ressies for up to 10 days from the date you arrive. I would make the CRT my first ressie. I would also call everyday after that in case anyine cancels. I would also be open to any day/time they have available. I am sending some pixie dust your way for good luck!!
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Dicecatt262
04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
That CM is WRONG. I've never gotten CRT on the 180+10, but on the exact 180 day I've gotten it EVERY TIME! Don't worry. He just doesn't know what he is talking about. They do hold some tables back. Actually, in my experience, and in a lot of other people's experiences, they don't release all that many for the 180+. Give it a try anyway, but most likely, you'll just have to get up early and call on the exact 180th day, and you'll get it.

illini
04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks Dicecatt! That just didn't seem right at all. I need it for the second day we're there, so I was planning on getting up at the crack of dawn two days in a row (and more, I guess, if I don't get it for the day I want). This is our first trip since 2005 so I'm new to the 180+10 stuff.

How sad is it when Intercottees know more than CMs? :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Don't panic! They do hold tables back, infact, from what I was told, they hold most tables back for the actual 180-day date.

I would try on your 180 + 10 date (if you're staying on-site), or be one of the first on the actual 180 days, and you should be fine. Good Luck!

wendy*darling
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
While I don't necessarily think the CM is wrong, I do not think you should have trouble if you call at your 180 day mark.

CRT is just not selling out like it used to.
For one thing, there are now 3 meals a day available for dining in the Castle.
Another, the 2TS requirement, or prepayment keeps a lot of people away.
Third, Norway's Princess Storybook meals are absorbing a lot of the demand for princess meals. So is the GF's Cinderella's Gala Feast (dinner).

That's not to say you will be likely to get an ADR if you wait too long. But there is just not the same drama surrounding the 180 day, 7:00AM on-the-dot call for CRT as there used to be.
Be flexible- be ready to take whatever day, time or even meal you can get if it comes down to that.
But take a deep breath and relax a bit.

r4kids
04-16-2007, 02:35 PM
We hadn't yet decided to go to CRT. I just called and they still had several times for breakfast, lunch and dinner for all the days we are there. This is also during Free Dining. You should be fine!!:mickey:

Natazu
04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
CRT is just not selling out like it used to.
For one thing, there are now 3 meals a day available for dining in the Castle.
Another, the 2TS requirement, or prepayment keeps a lot of people away.
Third, Norway's Princess Storybook meals are absorbing a lot of the demand for princess meals. So is the GF's Cinderella's Gala Feast (dinner).
Agreed.
CRT is easier to get now than ever before. If you're calling at the 180 mark, you should be ok. Even if you can't get it then, someone will cancel before your trip.

illini
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Thank you all so much for your input. I can't tell you how much more relaxed I am now. I was able to get it for my older DD's bday and was so relieved I cried on the phone with the CM :blush: . Got it for our last trip, too. I figured it was quite a bit easier to get now, but had posted asking and the replies were iffy. I'm just going to chill out now and not worry!