PDA

View Full Version : free dining each night but only 1 day park ticket?

ToraTory
04-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Howdy! I have my ressies all set but my dd is now interested in going. The value rooms are great at $82 per night but once you add on $532 for two 5 day park hoppers the price goes out of their budget. I read on the Intercot homepage: "Purchase a minimum 3-night stay at an official Walt Disney World resort, plus at least a One-Day Magic Your Way Base ticket, and you get the dining option free, for the length of your stay."

I do not understand how this work. If they purchase the dining package but only take one park day how does it work? Is the park day good on your first day or do you get a choice? The free dining is good for each night (say they book 5 nights) even though your only in the park once? So I guess you eat at hotels or DD. Can someone please let me know if I am understanding this correctly as my dd would love to go and just hang out at the hotel and then eat at DD. Sounds too good to be true to me :thumbsup:

thanks -- tory

Figment!
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
The free dining is good for each night (say they book 5 nights) even though your only in the park once? That is correct.

The Dining Plan is tied to how many nights you stay at a Disney Hotel, not how many days you visit the parks.

If you apply the Dining Plan to a 5-night stay, you get 5 days of the Dining Plan regardless of how many days you spend at the parks.

Currently, Disney only requires a one-day park pass to be able to add-on the Disney Dining Plan.

On your non-park days, you would be able to redeem the plan at a variety of locations at Downtown Disney and all of the Disney Resort hotels.

floridamom
04-16-2007, 01:51 PM
To answer one of your other questions, your daughter could use that one day ticket on any of the days of her stay. If she purchases the room and dining package it will be encoded on her room key and will be able to be used for entry to one park for one day. (Unless she were to add the park-hopper option, in which she could go to one park in the AM and another later in the day).

MNNHFLTX
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
If they decide at a later date that they want more park time, they can always add a day or two on to their passes. :mickey:

ToraTory
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied so quickly. With this advise I called and booked a three night trip for my dd for only $420. It's funny as 3 of my dining ressies are outside of the parks anyway so all I need to do is switch some stuff around and we can eat all 3 nights together. When I was making the reservation for dd at Pop Century I told the castmember that it was a gift for my daughter and that I already had my reservation. The cm asked where I was staying I told her the Poly and that I felt alittle guilty putting them in the value resort and myself/hubby in the Poly--NOT!! :blush: :cool:

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
How about an early Christmas present? You and DH could surprise DD and upgrade her to the Poly for the three nights. Just a suggestion from a spoiled only child!

January-2007
04-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to add that your daughter is very lucky to have such nice parents! It's a very nice gift trip, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves to the fullest! For a 3 night stay, she could spend the middle day open to close in her themepark of choice, and have a blast! Happy planning! :mickey: