PDA

View Full Version : crowds in late aug?

jax86
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I am considering a trip during free dining but have never gone in aug. I am used to early nov. (no crowds,great weather!- i've been spoiled!!) what are the crowds and weather like? Also i was thinking of coming home the day after labor day. Is it even worth it to stay for labor day, or are the crowds bad?

thanks!!::confused: :

robhink
04-16-2007, 12:50 PM
It's very hot and humid in August, crowds the last week of August are less than the summer but more that you would find in mid november.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
We've been the last couple of years at the end of August, and have found it, a little to our surprise, to be a pretty good time to go.

The park crowds are very managable, not too long waits, and we used FastPass, and really never waited for much. It is really, really hot and humid though, but we quickly learned to take breaks, enjoy the air-conditioned stores and restaurants and actually managed quite well. There is a period of rain most afternoons, so be prepared!

You'll have a great time, just be sure to stay :cool: in the heat.

faline
04-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Late August is usually a good time to go. Do expect that the free dining will drive up the crowds a bit.

It is hot and humid at this time of year. Expect daily thunderstorms which can be intense but are usually short-lived.

Labor Day is usually pretty manageable. The most crowded park during the hoiday weekend is likely to be the Magic Kingdom.