PDA

View Full Version : Question about December crowd levels

Disneyatic
04-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I was looking at "historic attendance" for WDW during December.
It lists after Thanksgiving week to mid-December as low to moderate crowds and says that crowds don't get to the "high" level until Christmas week.
We are thinking about maybe going December 17-22nd.
Do you think this would still qualify as "moderate" crowd levels or will it be out of control packed?:grouphug:

I would love feedback from everyone on this!

Strmchsr
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
The first couple of days would probably fit the moderate level, but you would definitely see an increase as you went further into the week.

Tuke
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
We went to WDW that exact week (16th-22nd) last year. With the exception of special Holiday-related events (tree-lighting, candlelight processional, Osbourne lights, etc) we found the crowds surprisingly manageable. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! For those special events, be prepared for crowds and chaos. ENJOY!!

Jasper
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Ditto to the previous comments. The good thing you have going for you is that the 22nd is a Saturday. That means it should be that Friday and Saturday before things get really gonzo.

faline
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I have done during this time frame. Generally, it is a good time to go but, as others have noted, the crowds will be increasing by time you leave.

KiaraMarie
04-16-2007, 02:54 PM
We also were there during that same time frame this past December (17-24). We found the crowds to be a bit heavier than we thought they would be...but they were still very manageable. We made it a point to get to the parks at opening when the crowds were the lightest, they defintely increased in the afternoons. We did end up using fastpass for quite a few rides also. The weather was gorgeous, upper 70s to low 80s and it only rained on us one night. We did notice that the crowd levels picked up a bit each day as it got closer to Christmas. We would not hesitate to go back in December...It is a very beautiful time to go!