PDA

View Full Version : Play and Dine help

PracticallyPerfectMollie
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
I have never made any advance plans for dining. We usually do counter service or go at off times but this year, we think dd would be into the play and dine because she's a jojo fan. How hard is it to get adr here? is it like crt? I can do it 180 days out, but do i need to get up at the crack of dawn with the number programed in speed dial or is it pretty safe to make them somewhat closer to the trip? Also, has everybody had pretty good experiences there?

r4kids
04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
We ate at Hollywood and Vine last year. This is where it's held. It was really good. It's not as bad as CRT but I would call and get what you want instead of waiting and then having to settle. Jojo, Goliath and 2 Little Eisteins are there. They sing and dance with the kids. It's really fun. The food was great for breakfast too. Buffet style.

Mickey78
04-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I have an ADR there for my trip next month. We booked the reservation only 90 days ahead and had no problem getting the date/time we wanted. I think if you book at 180 days out you'll have no problems. No need for getting up at the crack of dawn to call. Have a magical trip! :)

tinksmom02
04-16-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't have any problems with reservations two months out...then again, we were there late Jan. I would call as soon as you know your plans, it's better to be safe than sorry.

And if your kids are die-hard Playhouse Disney fans (like my DD4) they'll love this meal! They have lots of interaction with the kids, they're dancing, singing, etc. Jenna had a great time there, and even made a little friend, whose name happened to be Jenna also LOL I think that, and meeting Leo, were the best parts for her.

lilmattie13
04-17-2007, 01:31 AM
I just made my ADR for Sept 15th. We are doing lunch there.

There were several times offered on that day so depending on when you are going you probably have some wiggle room.

I will say though, that the other ADR's I booked were somewhat full and this blew me away considering how far away it is. Most of my ADR's were for during the week so I was really surprised the slots were so limited.

Actually when i called on a Friday for a couple of places they had like four tables then when I called back on the Monday I booked the last table in the slot I wanted.

Anyhow after being so long winded here lol I would probably call and book as soon as you can.

The CM on the phone actually said "Even if you just think it might be a possibility that you want to go to a particular restaurant BOOK IT. You can always call back and cancel the reservation you dont want but at least you will have it"

So with that said, if youre as fanatical as I am :blush: it would probably be best to book as soon as you can.

Good luck:mickey:

kadesha
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I didn't have any problems making reservations only a month out.

1EeyoreFan
04-17-2007, 08:10 PM
We really had a good experience there. The food was ok. Buffet style-good choices for the kiddos.

My DD(1 1/2 then), was VERY afraid of characters. She LOVED JoJo on TV so we thought this would be fun for her. She didn't care for any of them getting too close to her with the exception of June from Little Einesteins. Whoever was in that suit was AMAZING! She spent a ton of time with DD when we told her how afraid she had been. June even sat on the floor and and put DD in her lap and stroked her forhead. DD almost went to sleep in her lap! DD even cried when June had to leave. (Was a bit put out when she called "Mama" after her!) lol. June even made repeat trips to the table to see DD.

We will be going back for lunch when we go in Sept.

If your kids like Playhouse shows they will get a kick out of this place!

Enjoy your trip!

Stephanie