PDA

View Full Version : 5th trip report ever!

busterthebronco
04-15-2007, 09:36 PM
day 5-

1. olivia's for lunch. we ate outside again and had great service and food. i dont know why but this place is never really crowded. its a real gem.:secret:

2. DS left lunch early to go to the arcade. i like the new arcade cards by the way. it somehow seems to save money and i know its less trouble.

3.DS and i have a 3:30 tee time at lbv! :golf: :golf:

a. we decided to do this only after arriving so for the first time i rented clubs. his were free! we both rented shoes too. i bought a big box of balls too. $225.00 later and were off!not a bad deal really.

b. the clubhouse guys were nice as well as the starter. i quit playing golf on property a number of years ago after one too many rude sarters/club shop guys.:( they used to make you feel totally unwelcome if you were not a party of 4 and teeing off with the president. i filled out a few comment cards expressing my feelings and just started going off property. golf has evolved from an elite sport to something we can all enjoy. disney seemed late getting on board with this change. well the good news is they are in the club now! great guys and great father/son outing.:hands:

c. the guy we played with was awesome. very nice guy from D.C.!

4. dinner was DS's choice. anywhere in disney was the rule. we ate at the mcdonalds! its a real cool one! his smile was a mile long.

5. DW stayed back and had quite a time at the pool and with soapnet and then came up to meet us for a mickey bar up at the main drag at OKW. we sat on a bench and watched to magical express people unload. we shopped to at the store and just goofed off.

6. wednesday our family has "family time" at 10:00. we watch "lost" together. this tradition does not stop for anything so we huddled around the boob tube and got lost together.:trio:

7. we sacked out early (midnight) so we could be up for EMH at AK. we plan on waking up at 7:30 so we can hit the safari while the animals are up and feeling froggy. plus the crowds taking all the fast passes before lunch!:sheep:

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
sounds like a great time.

pogo
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Another great day. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Hmmmmm...... :golf: at Disney World ! And I've got a trip coming up this week.......... my DW would kill me. :archer: :faint: Maybe next time. :D

faline
04-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Olivia's sounds like a great spot! I might have to give it a try on my next trip!

Sounds like you had a very nice day!

magicman
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Another great day.

It's good to hear that golfing at the World is not just for elite sophisticates but now the everyday Joe can play for only $225:spend: :D

Thanks for the tip on Olivia's. I'm going to have to learn more about it.

Thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to hearing how the "getting up early to get to AK" worked for you.

sleepingbooty
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
What a nice father - son day! Thanks for sharing!

Bethanymouse
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Sounds like you had a great golf outing! My dad and brother did that this past summer and loved it! I am glad that you are having a great time! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup: :mickey: :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Sounds like fun, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
What a fun and relaxing day. I'm glad that you enjoyed your golf experience with your son. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

January-2007
04-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Sounds like another fun, relaxing day. That's too funny that your son picked McDonald's and was just sooo thrilled. Nice to know the golfing experience went well, that's always great when something improves from past experiences. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us, can't wait to read more! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm one of the few who love LBV course - it's the least popular of the 5...what did you think?

Love Olivia's and hanging at OKW! Sounds like you had a great day.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

(Oh my, an early morning for you tomorrow, how ever will you do it? ;) )