PDA

View Full Version : Disneykaitie's Fantastic Orlando Trip Day 3 & 4

disneykaitie26
04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Cast
Myself, 16 Disney Freak Usually Plans all trips with dad, now going with Mom, Stepdad and Sis
Heather my DSIS, 9 Been to Disney once when she was 4 doesn't remember much very excited.
Mom - Not much of a Disney/theme park person wanted to do this for DSIS and myself. Trip Planner
Stepdad - Completly wanted to go to Cancun, dragged along to Orlando.

Floridays Resort
March 4-13

Day 3 - We decided to go to the Magic Kingdom this day because it was open 9-9. We got their around 8:30 AM parked and headed to the Magic Kingdom we got in just in time to see the opening ceremony, which was cool cause I've never seen it! Once inside we hustled for POTC, last time my sister went on this ride she was 4 and very scared which is very understandable but this time she was braving it just to see captain Jack Sparrow! Next we headed to Splash Mountain and normally when I go on with my dad we really don't get all that wet, maybe because we're sitting in the back so I told Mom. Drops are her biggest fear but she figured she would go on for DSIS and I. Also, this was DSIS first time on so she was a little nervous. I got seated in the front row and Mom and DSIS in the second. They both loved it except for the fact that we got soaked. Mom was all upset cause her hair was ruined and DSIS hates wet clothes so she was whining for us to go buy her new clothes. I tried to convince them that we should go on BTMRR so the wind would dry us off and they were up for that, no wait so we walked on twice, by far DSIS favorite ride of the day. DSIS was all ready to go on Haunted Mansion she had made up her mind months before that she was gonna be a brave girl and conquer the Haunted Mansion. Her and I sat in a doom buggy and Mom and Stepdad sat in the doom buggy behind us. As soon as we walked in the streching room DSIS started crying and saying she wanted to leave but we just told her to close her eyes and she would be fine, so she was glued to me in our doom buggy, burying her face in my shirt and holding on for her life, she didn't look once. When we got off, she was a happy camper! She says she will never ever go on that ride ever again even when shes 30! LOL. We were hungry so we went all the way to Tomorrowland and ate at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe. DSIS and Stepdad went on Tomorrowland Indy Speedway after we ate while Mom and I did a little shopping back in Fantasyland. After we all joined up together again we went on Philarmagic, everyone loved it even stepdad (he even wanted to see it again)! We went on to Snow Whites Scary Adventure and then back to Toontown and saw Mickey's House and Minnies Houses. We then took the WDWRR to Main Street to leave for our break. I was feeling really sick, my throat had been bothering me all day it was very sore and felt like it was on fire. We went back to the hotel and I took a long nap and when I got up Mom, DSIS and I headed back to Magic Kingdom for Wishes and Spectromagic we had time to fit in a ride on PPF too! It was crazy that night to get out of there it took just an hour to get to our car after leaving! We got back and I was still feeling sick by this time, I thought that I might have strep throat and was very upset but went to be hoping the next day would be better.

Day 4 - I woke up this morning feeling 10 times worse than the day before and was very upset. Mom and Stepdad tried to locate a clinic to take me in but had a resort doctor come to the room and check me out around 11, we told him my symptoms and he said that I probaly had the flu and not strep so we took the test and it was positive for the flu. I was feeling so horrible all I wanted to do was sleep. The doctor perscribed tamaflu and told me to alternate tylenol and asprin every three hours. After he left I went back to sleep and mom would wake me every three hours to take my medicine. I'm not really sure what the rest of the family did the day, probably a lot of swimming! DSIS was sleeping with Mom in her bed for the night, we didn't want to chance anyone getting sick like me.

Tomorrow Day 5 Universal Studios (Yes, I was up and better to do a day at Universal)

jilwil
04-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I am so sorry you were sick!:ill: I hope things improve for you the rest of the trip! Looking to read more!:)

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 10:04 PM
sorry you were sick, hope the rest of your trip was better.

pogo
04-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Awww Katie....... I'm sorry you got sick during your trip.:(

But I'm glad you got better. :D

princessgirls
04-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Sorry you got sick.

Your Mom took good care of you!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
What a bummer to get the flu at DW! Aren't you lucky there was a resort doctor to prescribe you some Tamiflu - that stuff really does help:thumbsup:

magicman
04-16-2007, 01:53 PM
It sounded like the Magic Kingdom day was fun, but I feel so sorry for you being at WDW & being so sick.

I'm hoping you bounce back for the remainder of the trip.

faline
04-16-2007, 03:25 PM
It's really not fair to get sick on vacation! Glad to know you were well enough to get back up and out the next day!

BelleCiavo
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Glad you weren't sick for long. :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear about USO.
Karen

Bethanymouse
04-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Glad that your day in MK was fun! I am sure you are all cracking up now remembering being soaked. Sorry to hear that you werent feeling well. Glad that things are starting to look up though! Thanks for sharing!:D

HndrdPrcnt
04-16-2007, 07:56 PM
So sorry that you got sick while on your trip...that stinks. Our DD5 also got sick while we were on our trip. It was a bummer, but it did remind us that we should take some down time and just rest a little bit on our vacation.

pdrlkr
04-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the report! Sorry you were sick.:ill:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm sorry that you got sick, that stinks. I'm glad you're feeling better the next day:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2007, 08:33 AM
I am so sorry that you lost a precious Disney day to the flu, but I am glad that it seems you bounced back pretty quickly. Sounds like your little sister was really being brave at the Magic Kingdom. Thanks for reporting.

January-2007
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Glad you had a great Magic Kingdom day. That is so funny about your sister never ever wanting to ride the Haunted Mansion again, even when she's 30. I'm so sorry you got sick during your trip, that is such a total bummer! Glad to know you were feeling a little better by the next day though, can't wait to read more! Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup: