PDA

View Full Version : O'hana Info

KAT1811
04-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Okay I just called and cancelled Jiko and replaced it with O'hana. We are on the dining plan and are already doing CRT and HDDR both of which are 2 TS credit meals so I figured that I would get rid of Jiko and save it for our next trip. We are still paying OOP for two meals. We will be there for 11 nights September 12th - 23rd.

Goes4FastPass this one's for you!

Here are our ADRs as of now:

Mama Melrose (dinner) :pizza:
Plaza Restaurant (dinner) OOP :mpumpkin:
Hoop Dee Doo Review (5:00 pm show) :trio:

Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast) :princess:

San Angel Inn (dinner) :sombrero:

Concourse Steakhouse (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast) OOP :tigger:
California Grill (dinner) :fworks:
O'Hana (dinner) :tikki:

Le Cellier (dinner)

Anyway, my reason for posting this thread is to find out what is so fabulous at O'hana's. Everyone on here raves about it and I was wondering if there are any activities while you dine ?(I want to say that I remember a limbo contest from when I was a kid and maybe a conga line?) I was also wondering about the infamous Lapu Lapu? I'm thinking this sounds like fun. Anyway, I would love some information on what we can expect at O'hana when we go. Thank you all!

Chic-a-pin
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
There are coconut races for the kids, I believe they had a limbo contest too. The Lapu Lapu is great! We got a GREAT picture of me drinking out of the big ol' pineapple! Cracks me up everytime I come across it, lol!! The food is yummy, the salad dressing is soooo good and the dessert, OMG!! SO YUMMY!! I can't wait to go back in December!! :thumbsup:

cinderellagrl
04-16-2007, 01:39 AM
O'hana is fabulous... our number one must go to each time! The Cast Members are usally fantastic and the food plentiful. Also there are lots of activities for the kids... and even if you don't have children it is still very entertaining! Also, for those of us who cannot afford to stay at the Poly everytime, a trip to O'hana allows for a trip to see this beautiful resort!

A second recommendation: Pay for CRT out of pocket! You said that you are going to pay for two out of pocket because you will be spending two on CRT and two at another 2TS credit place, but CRT is a bad value for using two Table service credits for breakfast. These are the prices: Adults - $31.99
Children - $21.99...... they aren't even that good of a value for a one credit table service! I say pay out of pocket for this meal!

DVC2004
04-16-2007, 08:08 AM
There are coconut races for kids, there is a hula hoop contest, and I believe a hula dance lesson. Plus live music at times. The lapu lapu- too good! Comes in a freshly hollowed out pineapple.

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 09:06 AM
A second recommendation: Pay for CRT out of pocket! You said that you are going to pay for two out of pocket because you will be spending two on CRT and two at another 2TS credit place, but CRT is a bad value for using two Table service credits for breakfast. These are the prices: Adults - $31.99
Children - $21.99...... they aren't even that good of a value for a one credit table service! I say pay out of pocket for this meal!

I figured that CRT would cost me about $120.00 OOP and Plaza and Crystal Palace would maybe cost me about $100.00 OOP (both includes est. gratuity) I guess it's a half dozen of one and 6 of another. For some reason it doesn't feel as bad when you are paying for two smaller meals than one big one. Plus it kills me to pay $120.00 for eggs and bacon! I just think of their profit margin on CRT and think that they are doing something right because we all scramble for it!