PDA

View Full Version : CR upgrade?

metroliner
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
What are the chances of getting CR free upgrade from a standard garden room June 3-10?

How do you go about asking for an upgrade?

Do you just be nice and ask point-blank? :mickey:

What has worked best for you?

I'd love to hear some thoughts and experiences!

magicland
04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I say go for the upgrade! We've tried many times over the years to get an upgrade--and successful maybe 3-4 times. But this past December (week after Christmas) we had ressies at the CR wing. I can't remember how we actually started chatting with our castmember, but we were both laughing so hard that my grandchildren went and sat on the couches behind us. (guess they were embarassed??????) I love this place, and maybe it showed, because when I asked if they had any upgrades she went in the back and came back with a room number---in the tower no less. Same price too! we saw that castmember often and she always said hi to all of us. What a dream it was to stay in the tower and watch the monorail enter and exit. So, GO FOR IT!:joy:

metroliner
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow! Now that's a great success story. I hope something like that can happen to me and my family!:D

I wonder how often things like that actually happen?

Anyone else have any "upgrade" stories?:mickey:

TammiMcMan
04-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Many upgrades are actually given out without the guest asking. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. It could simply be capacity (trying to open up the less expensive rooms), frequent visitor award, plain luck of the draw.

If you're fine with asking, just be prepared. Not every upgrade is given out for free. Many times, a CM will be glad to check out a higher priced room and charge you the difference. So, if they do say that a tower room is available or even club level, you need to ask about the cost as well. If it's not complimentary, then you can decide whether it's worth the price to upgrade or politely decline. I wouldn't assume that just because the CM doesn't quote you a price, that it will be free. I have seen instances where guests thought that, but were very surprised and dismayed to see the additional charge show up on their room bill.

Definitely no harm in asking, just be sure you know what you're getting.

Lynn J Mc
04-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Don't count on getting one. Especially with the north wing demolished right now. Rooms are not as plentiful at CR right now. We've been to DW 14 times and have never gotten an upgrade. Good luck. It never hurts to ask.