PDA

View Full Version : Planning first trip to FW in July

bshaw96
04-15-2007, 04:31 PM
We are not new to Disney, but new to camping at Disney. My main question is what campsite area is best to get? We have our own bathroom in our camper, but WILL need the use of the showers, and would prefer the least crowd possible. (Are going in July, so hope it won't be as crowded as usual seeing as that's the value season for camping and it's so hot---but we could be wrong) Thanks for any input!!!!!!

ibrowse17
04-15-2007, 11:08 PM
July will be both hot, and crowded. Every loop has it's own comfort station or shares one so, it really depends on what type of site your are going for and what type of rig you have. Off the top of my head, I would look at either the 800 or 900 loops.:thumbsup:

mickey98
04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
July.... It WILL be HOT... It will be CROWDED.. both in the parts and in the campground.. Have you gotten your resies for F.W... Friends of ours called a month ago and campground was full for July !!!.. al loops have comfort stations except 600..

Good luck and enjoy........

:mickey:

casey@bat
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think the value season starts until the end of July.

We have booked July 2008 already!

We had loop 600 this past Christmas and loved it because we could walk to the pool and campfire program. There was no bath house but you could use the one across the street. We rode our scooters or bikes to the boat dock and bus stop.

I have stayed in many loops and never been unhappy!

What part of July are you going, do you have ressies yet, and are you getting a golf cart?

Vanlandingham
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
We are not new to Disney, but new to camping at Disney. My main question is what campsite area is best to get? We have our own bathroom in our camper, but WILL need the use of the showers, and would prefer the least crowd possible. (Are going in July, so hope it won't be as crowded as usual seeing as that's the value season for camping and it's so hot---but we could be wrong) Thanks for any input!!!!!!

My personal recommendations would be the 700 loop, or perhaps the 100-200 loops. Both are near comfort stations.

The 700 loop is nice because it is about evenly distanced between the boat launches to MK and Meadow Trading Post/Pool. Word to the wise though: if you try to get that loop the last few sites (#'s 723-734) have a tendency to get a bit flooded out after heavy rains (just due to the lay of the land). Nothing too serious though unless you dislike huge puddles of water everywhere. The front end of the loop is fine and I personally recommend sites 704-722 (I've stayed in about half of those over the years). Another piece of advice: the comfort station for 700 is shared with 500 and is just across the road from the 700 loop (short walk).

The 100 loop has always been my personal preference just because of its immediate proximity to the entire Settlement Area (Boats, Trails End Restaurant, Settlement Trading Post). In addition to this, it's right near one of the main campground and outside destination bus transfer spots. It does make for a bit of a trek to the Meadow Area though, adding about 5 minutes walking time.

As for crowds at both comfort stations, neither one gets too crowded at any one time as there are about 6-8 showers in each and their fairly comfortable.