PDA

View Full Version : Luau on Thanksgiving? Or LTT?

mouseketeer mom
04-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Hmmm...Our 180 day window is approaching soon..I'm trying to figure our Thanksgiving day plans. We initially thought we'd go to LTT, for traditional feast..but, we're thinking it might be fun to do something so totally out of the ordinary like the Luau!!! We have done it before, in 2004. We really liked it. Do they hold it on Thanksgiving? Is the menu the same there on Thanksgiving day?

cinderellagrl
04-16-2007, 01:43 AM
I would love to try LTT for Thanksgiving! It would be soo fun. Try grandma's cooking but with characters! Try the Luau some other time, and get your good fill of turkey!

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I say do the Luau! You can have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner when you celebrate at home. Try something totally out of the ordinary!

Personally I would do the Hoop Dee Doo but the Luau sounds great too!

GreenBeetle
04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Love LTT any time!! Not sure a Luau would feel like Thanksgiving . . . but maybe I'm just not that fun. ;) ;)

ElenitaB
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I think it's a natural reflex to want to go to LTT for Thanksgiving, and it shows in the beyond-capacity crowds! Even with an ADR, you will face a long wait for a table (and even long waits for the ladies' room... like down the stairs).

I'd say break with tradition and go to the Luau! It will be a Thanksgiving to remember for your family and may even start a new tradition. Plus you can always go to LTT Thanksgiving Eve (which is what we did this past year).

mouseketeer mom
04-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I think it's a natural reflex to want to go to LTT for Thanksgiving, and it shows in the beyond-capacity crowds! Even with an ADR, you will face a long wait for a table (and even long waits for the ladies' room... like down the stairs).

I'd say break with tradition and go to the Luau! It will be a Thanksgiving to remember for your family and may even start a new tradition. Plus you can always go to LTT Thanksgiving Eve (which is what we did this past year).

Great idea! Thanksgiving eve at LTT and the luau on Thanksgiving day! I'm not up for total craziness on the holiday itself. I'm thinking that will be a resort day, some water mice might be fun too, then the luau!

Mickeydream
04-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Looks like we'll both be there the same time! We have decided to do the Luau for Thanksgiving and the LTT on the Sunday following. We thought it would be unusual and cool to do something out of the ordinary for Thanksgiving and still get our traditional turkey feast while in WDW. That 180-day window is approaching and that part of the DDP is completely decided upon. The rest of the meals are coming together nicely also, just waiting for the Extra Magic Hours to be released before final decision is made. Maybe we'll be at the same show....we thought the later show would look wonderful in the dark with the tiki torches and dances with fire. :mickey: