PDA

View Full Version : YC Concierge - best rooms?

momanddaughter
04-15-2007, 01:42 PM
We are planning our trip for August 23 - 27:muscles: , and have booked YC Concierge "garden view" room. The person I booked with couldn't answer any of my room questions. Are there 3 categories of rooms there: standard, garden view and water view? Or is my garden view room really just a standard view room? I definitely do not want to be overlooking a parking lot. Are all YC concierge rooms located on the 5th floor? Also we want a non-smoking room (which I forgot to ask for) - are the 5th floor rooms split between smoking and non-smoking? What would be good rooms to request (I know they can't guarantee anything)? Is there anything with a view of Illuminations from there (or anything else)? Thanks for all your help.

TammiMcMan
04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
The YC has 3 view categories, standard, garden and water. Our standard overlooked the parking lot and convention center roof :ack:. Most of the garden rooms are going to be overlooking the wedding gazebo and rear entranceway. No chance of seeing Illuminations from there. If you had a water view room, way down the end near the BC, you may get some view of it. Unfortunately, the view from the club level lounge is of the parking lot as well, no Illuminations.

All standard concierge rooms are on the 5th floor. There are some suites and deluxes with concierge benefits, that are found on other floors.

Non-smoking rooms are typically assumed now, unless you specify something different. I believe only the suites and deluxes are smoking optional, but I could be wrong. When you check in with the pre-planning department, they can take a specific request and answer just about all of your questions.

Personally, I would probably want a room by the wedding gazebo, because you'll be fairly close to the elevator, staff and lounge. My opinion is that the YC sort of had a rabbits den feel to it. Our 5th floor room was down two hallways and around a corner.

For room numbers, 5148, 5150, 5152 & 5154 all overlook the gazebo (nice area). 5198, 5143, 5145 & 5147 all overlook the back entrance walkway (sort of might feel like you are on display while on your balcony). 5195, 5197 & 5199 look off towards Stormalong Bay (you'll see some garden, probably some pool and some of the pedestrian walkway connecting it all ).

momanddaughter
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Thank you so much for the help. I think I'll request a gazebo view (is it ok to suggest the rooms numbers or better not to?). When I was talking with YC concierge yesterday about our our ADRs, I asked her how we go about requesting rooms -she said they can only access it 10 days in advance, so if I wanted to request something now, I should call back to reservations. Better to wait until 10 days before and go through YC concierge?