PDA

View Full Version : When will SW put out fares for September?

sleepingbooty
04-15-2007, 01:26 PM
They are only selling through August 24th now, which is just a little over 4 months away. I can't remember when they started posting those, though. Do they usually post fares starting at the 5 month mark? And most of the "Ding" fares I've been seeing are for May, although I think there have been some for June and early July. With everything else taken care of, its time for me to start stressing about airfare!

r4kids
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I know we are waiting for those fares too. They were suppose to be out already I thought. One CM at SW said April 1, another said the 15th and another had no clue because they don't know when the fares are to be announced. So I will keep checking. We have everything else done. Just the airfare. I guess it kinda becomes offical with airfare. I feel much better when I have reserved our airfare!!:mickey:

PAPMOM
04-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I feel the same way. We are waiting for Oct 3 airfares with SW. Everyone else seems to have dates available?

Strmchsr
04-15-2007, 01:49 PM
They generally put them out 4-5 months ahead of time, so I would expect first of May before you start seeing September fares. Sometimes it's only 3 months out. They didn't release May fares until mid-February.

sleepingbooty
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
One CM at SW said April 1

:) Just thought it was cute how you called the Southwest rep a "CM". We all soooo have Disney on the brain, don't we?

I does seem there is no consistency as to how far in advance they release fares. And, if the next release is for fares until 9/24 (a month later than what they are now selling), then that will include our departure date, but not our arrival date!:mad:

r4kids
04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
:) Just thought it was cute how you called the Southwest rep a "CM". We all soooo have Disney on the brain, don't we?

I does seem there is no consistency as to how far in advance they release fares. And, if the next release is for fares until 9/24 (a month later than what they are now selling), then that will include our departure date, but not our arrival date!:mad:

Thanks, I feel like i have so much to plan, some much I have planned and soooo far to go until we leave! We are flying one way on SW and one way on United(we have ticket vochers we have to use). I am really not a fan of United. They don't have alot of sale fares on the East coast. Anyway here's hoping for a good DING!!!:mickey:

robhink
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Southwest has stated in the past that they won't go below a 120 day booking window, and the past couple releases have been done on Thursday around 11:30 am eastern. I fully expect the next release of their schedule to be April 26th at 11:30am.

I would expect and this is just a guess is that the next schedule release would run until the middle of october, but it's still to be seen.