PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine or 50s Prime-Time Cafe?

Goofster
04-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I just made ADRs at Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Package. But I was thinking, is the Fantasmic package necessary at the end of September? Are the lines for Fantasmic not as long?

If the Fantasmic package isn't necessary, would you recommend 50s Cafe over Hollywood & Vine?

darthmacho
04-15-2007, 11:35 AM
I had a great time at Hollywood and Vine when we did the Fantasmic dinner package. I'd stick with it. You probably can't lose either way, but that's just from my personal :judge: experience.

glenpreece
04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
I personally preferred 50's PTC over H&V. The pkg isn't all that special you just get seats off to the right side of the theatre. The food was very boring at H&V no carving station open either. 50's was fun and the food although basic was tasty and plentiful. Plus they have fun pop!! (soda)

cinderellagrl
04-16-2007, 01:33 AM
another vote for 50's! All in all the fantasmic package isnt that wonderful! Yes, you don't have to wait in line, but you still have to get there very very early! I would recommend ditching the package and going with Prime time!

Shugoondola
04-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Personally, I like H & V much more than 50s Prime Time.

:mickey:

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Personally I don't care for 50's but I also don't care for buffets. We really like Mama Melrose's and are eating there again this year. I would think that you'd be okay at Fantasmic! without the package. Just get there reasonably early and from what I hear the seating for the package isn't so fantastic! We are going in September and are just taking our chances (so far we've never had a problem). Plus I don't want to eat dinner so early. Just my personal opinion.

stitchcousin
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I've eaten at both. I personally liked H&V because it was a buffet. There was plenty of food & seafood available as well as a carving station when we were there. As for needing the dining pkg in September, I'm not sure, I just know that I do get it when we go in November and I like the fact that I don't have to wait in line and can go right in and take a seat. Both times we've gone in November, it was raining in MGM and it was pretty crowded at Fantasmic. I didn't have to wait in line in the rain. We just took our time during dinner and then went in leasurely.

GreenBeetle
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Not a big fan of 50s Prime Time here. We really enjoy H & V for the vast variety of food that is quite good. And we always opt for the Fantasmic Package . . . just in case!