PDA

View Full Version : Need help: CBR or WL

edwards2301
04-15-2007, 09:11 AM
i was playing around with the prices for each for a week in July and found out that there was only a $300 difference for the entire week between CBR and WL. We normally stay at the CBR but was looking for something different if the price was right. My party just includes: Myself, DH and DD 2. Just looking for your opinions.

:mickey:

lindique
04-15-2007, 09:16 AM
I actually prefer the moderates, as I like walking around the elaborate grounds. However, I only go to Disney World during the cooler months. In July, you might want to not have to go outside in the heat for meals and snacks. I think I read someplace that the rooms are about the same size.

BronxTigger
04-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Well, you say you are looking for something different, and looking at your signature, you have stayed at CBR a lot. Since it's only $300 more for the week, I'd try it this trip.

I agree with lindique; in July it will be nice to have everything under one roof.

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
WL without question.
I found the CBR to be way too large and spread out (and I don't mind walking!).
For a resort, WL is the tops! Incredible theming and detail. There are two sit-down restaurants, child care, great themed pool, free tours of the resort, a marina, a white sand beach, and nightly views of the Electrical Water Pageant!!!
For a change, I'd definitely consider the WL! :mickey:

nutz4goofy
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
If you can swing the $300...definitely go with WL. You will not be disappointed! It's actually my favorite resort. Besides the restaurants being excellent and beautiful theme, I love that you can take a boat to MK and even the monorail to Epcot via the Contemporary...makes transportation more fun than just a bus.

Whatever resort you choose, enjoy!! :thumbsup:

Mariašoš
04-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Since you've stayed at CBR on previous trips than I would go ahead and try WL. Now, my husband and I did a split stay last August. First part stayed at WL and the last half stayed at CBR. We loved the themeing of the lobby and grounds at WL and boat access to MK, Contemporary, etc.... But, we found CBR to be our favorite between the two. Our room at WL was very dark which made it seemed smaller than our room at CBR. We much preferred the tropical theme, bright cheerful colors, landscaping, caribbean music and yes, even the pool at CBR. We also found that the food court at CBR had a lot more to offer than Roaring Forks. Everyone should try each resort at some point in their lives and I'm certainly glad we tried WL, however, we more than likely won't stay there again. My parents on the other hand absolutely love WL.

Pirate Granny
04-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I love both...perhaps you can split your week...and stay the last few days at WL...I love the hot tub and the lobby at WL...but I also love the hammocks and walking around the lake at CBR...they are both on the top of my list...I also love POFQ for walks around the water to POR...so many choices so little time...AKL is next on my list when I can afford a deluxe...

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 04:32 PM
WL!!!:mickey: Hands down!!

May524
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
My vote is for WL. Since you said you had stayed at CBR before, try this resort out. With your DD age, it would be easy to go to and from the MK. The WL is a beautiful resort, I hope you have a great trip no matter which resort you chose :)

edwards2301
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all of your input. It sounds like I can't go wrong with either one. I might split the stay between the two. then I could test WL and if it isn't what I wanted then I would have been there only a few days of the vacation.
Thanks again.:mickey:

SBETigg
04-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I would go WL! I wouldn't attempt a split stay if I was only going for a week. You lose time changing resorts.

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I would go WL! I wouldn't attempt a split stay if I was only going for a week. You lose time changing resorts.

:ditto:

Why not try it? If you don't like it you can always go back to CBR next time.

I'm always afraid to try a new resort beacuse if we don't like it we're stuck for almost two weeks but if you're only there a week you'll be in the parks a ton anyway.