PDA

View Full Version : Time Frame for rental Car

GoofyFan3
04-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I was wonder what is the time frame for renting a car? How long will it take? We are staying at the CSR and want to rent a car from Almo at the Car Care Center. I have not made any reservations yet wanting to see if the price drops. Also what are the hours at the Car Care Center?

Pirate Granny
04-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Just so you know...National has a car drop off at the Dolphin/Swan...it's most convenient as you can take a bus to MGM or the EPCOT resorts...we've dropped our car off there a few times...never picked one up there though...

dizne4me
04-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I have a question - can you rent from National at MCO but drop the car off at the Swan/Dolphin? I only need the car for a couple of days and want to take DME back to airport at end of trip.

faline
04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Many people do exactly that. When you make your reservations, you would just specific your drop-off point as well as your pick up point.

GoofyFan3: There's no way of knowing exactly how long renting the car will take. You'll need to allow transportation time to the Car Care Center as well as time to potentially stand in line there and get all your rental paperwork in order. I'd allow at least an hour.

Information from Alamo indicates that service is available 24 hours per day at the Car Care Center.

BellewanaB
04-15-2007, 05:24 PM
If you'e looking for the price to drop and you're not married to Alamo, you can try priceline. I said I wanted an MCO pickup/drop off from 4/20-4/25 and that I wanted a convertable. I put in an offer for $200 total (I took into account the taxes and such when i bid) and i got it through Avis. You have to give up some freedom of choice using Priceline.com but you never know what you'll get!