PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks at 9/8 "Night of Joy"?

Pennsylvania Dad
04-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Hello!

The first night of our next trip is Saturday 9/8. The Magic Kingdom closes at 6pm that night because "Night of Joy" (which we don't have tickets for...) starts at 7:30. So, we are not sure what we'll do our first night.

Since we are staying at the Polynesian, I am hoping that there is a Fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom that night that we can watch from the beach! (From what I can tell, there is no "Wishes" that night.)

Does anyone know if "Night of Joy" gets it's own "Hallowishes"-type fireworks show? Or will there be a regular Wishes show that night? Or am I right that there are no fireworks at all on Saturday 9/8?

Hopefully, out there somewhere is a Night of Joy veteran who can get me the info!

Thanks!

faline
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I have no experience with Night of Joy. None of the information I looked at indicates that any fireworks are scheduled during the event. Hopefully, someone who has attended will be along with first-had information soon!

Pennsylvania Dad
04-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks, faline.

Someone out there must have been to a Night of Joy? No?

KellAnneL
04-17-2007, 08:58 PM
We were there for our Anniversary and attended one night of Night of Joy in 2004. We stayed at the Poly, too. First of all, AVOID THE EVENT ITSELF IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!! (I listen to Christian music, and loved all the performers that were scheduled, BUT all the unruly teenagers there made it UNBEARABLE! :mad: They were rude and obnoxious, and I have been a Middle School Church Youth Group Leader and love teenagers!)

Anyway, we went back to the Poly to enjoy the quiet on the beach, and there was no quiet. The music was so loud from the MK that you could basically hear everything from the beach, and our hotel room (which was a castle view.) The second night was a little better, but not much. There weren't any fireworks those nights, either. But they still had the Electrical Water Parade, and that's visible from the beach.

My suggestion...head over to Illuminations in Epcot (short monorail ride) and enjoy those fireworks!

I hope this helps!!

Pennsylvania Dad
04-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks for info!

Illuminations, here we come!