PDA

View Full Version : BAnk...

battle beast
04-14-2007, 10:21 PM
IS there a walk in bank available in the WDWR??? Any kind of teller bank...

I know Disneyland used to have one, but it's now the passport office... I am going to bring a bunch of change I want to change into bills... American change...

Piglet822
04-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Most banks here in the states won't do any kind of transaction if you don't have an account with them.
The change you want to switch to bills, is it American currency? If so, you can probably do that right at your resort. I've exchanged foreign currency for American dollars at POR and Coronado Springs. You might also want to check at the airport. I know you can exchange currency there but I believe there's a fee for it, plus they might not take coins, just paper money.

battle beast
04-14-2007, 11:11 PM
So is there a bank in the WDWR?

As I said in my post, I want to bring some American change to convert into bills. Not Canadian money, AMERICAN MONEY. If I go into a bank and ask for a $10 bill in exchange for a roll of quarters, would they say no?

DizneyRox
04-15-2007, 08:27 AM
There are no real banks on Disney property, at least not easily acceessible ones. Now that I think of it, there used to be a SunTrust down near DTD, I'm not sure if it's still there or changed hands, or what. It's still out of the way. There are a couple of Vista Federal Credit Union branches, but they are in CM areas that can't really be gotten to by the general public.

To change $10 in quarters to a $10 bill, I'm sure you can do that at th resort. If you're looking to do $200 in change to $200 in bills, probably not (at least not all at once). They may not take rolled money. They will probably want to count it before completing the transaction.

Piglet822
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
As I have already mentioned in my previous post, unless you have an account there, it's highly unlikely to find any financial institution to exchange coins for bills.
Is there a bank on property? Yes. SunTrust is across from the Marketplace at DD and you can easily walk there.
I still think your best bet would be at your hotel.
And it's not necessary to yell. Typing in all caps is considered yelling and I missed the part about the change being in American coin in your first post.

AuntDJ
04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
There is also a Suntrust bank in the airport. I don't remember what side of the airport, but I have used it. I have exchanged coin for bills there in the past (It has been a few years so I don't know if they would still do it).

DJ

faline
04-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Not sure about banks in Florida but, when I bring rolled coins to my local bank, I can't deposit them or exchange them for bills unless each roll of coins includes my bank account number written on the outside. Like Jeanne, my experience is that banks want you to be a customer before completing these types of transactions.

battle beast
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
And it's not necessary to yell. Typing in all caps is considered yelling and I missed the part about the change being in American coin in your first post.

Oooopppsss... I wasn't yelling you, very sorry!!!:blush:

I wqas jsut trying to make certain words stand out. Sorry again!!!:blush:

Piglet822
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Oooopppsss... I wasn't yelling you, very sorry!!!:blush:

I wqas jsut trying to make certain words stand out. Sorry again!!!:blush:

Not a problem :)

sbryan84
04-17-2007, 09:59 AM
I know they have Wachovias in Flordia, although im not positive in disney world i know their are a dozen in the orlando area. And being an employee, i can tell you that we do not charge, nor do you need an account to exchange rolled coin with dollars.

so good luck to you!

Scar
04-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't know if they are in Florida or not, but in New Jersey anybody can walk into a Commerce Bank, dump unrolled mixed coin into a machine, take the receipt to the teller and get cash, which is just as good as money. :D

offwego
04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
IS there a walk in bank available in the WDWR??? Any kind of teller bank...

I know Disneyland used to have one, but it's now the passport office... I am going to bring a bunch of change I want to change into bills... American change...

If it's rolled your Cdn. bank at home may be able to do this for you. I know I can here mind you we are awfully close to the border and get a ton of USD transactions flowing through.

Otherwise open a USD bank account here in Canada..deposit it..and withdraw it as bills.

mdricks
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
If you plan on changing 200$ into bills at the resort....

Can i cut ahead of you in line, please...
:D

Damon18
04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Last year my daughter had a lot of U.S change she wanted to cash in. She rolled it all before we left. We went to a Suntrust Bank in Celebration and they changed it for her no problem. I guess if you don't have a car this won't help you much, but at least you know they will do it.