PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Aloha show??

brown1442
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
How is this?? It looks AMAZING on the website!! Is it "worth" 2 meals?? Would young children like it (as in 2.5 and almost 5)?? I see that you **can** make reservations up to 2 years in advance... would we have any chance of getting in this year in late November or would it likely be booked up already???

tink2006
04-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I think they changed this to 180 day booking window. This is one of our favorites. We always think the food is very good and my DS (now 14) always enjoys the show. Some people do not think it is worth 2TS but we love it. Also, the DDP gives you category 2 and 3. If you decide to do go, make ressies early so that you can get cat 2.

T-Belle
04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
:lei: My DD and I went for the 1st time on our last trip and we really enjoyed it. The food was very good and the show, while a little corny, was good. I mean really, how can you incorporate hula dancing and fire batons in a serious story line! We had a blast!:lei:

darthmacho
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
:lei: I thought it was worth it, but I don't know how things migh have changes from 9 years ago. :lei:

:papple: I can't imagine that November is already booked at this point. :papple:

starrmomof2
04-15-2007, 04:42 PM
We went in September and all enjoyed the show and the food. As far as seating, I booked our seats in April/May last year and just asked for the best available seating between two different dates I had open. We were seated in one of the front tables with a great view of the action.

Carol
04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
It has moved to 180 days and the seating/pricing is now categorized. Details can be found in Info Central.

My family really enjoys the Luau. We prefer the food there much better than what is offered at the Hoop Dee Doo. We're not big on meats. :)

ghost999
04-15-2007, 09:30 PM
hey we're going this year and i am glad ya'll say that but i will give a FULL report when i get back hopefully they will have some dolewhips, man are they good

AmberB
04-15-2007, 09:38 PM
We went last June with the whole family, including son (2.5 years), nephews (2.5 and 4 years) and niece (7 years). We had a great time! The food was delicious and all of the kids ate the regular family style dinner. The show was fun too. Most of the kids got up and danced the hula.

May524
04-16-2007, 12:56 AM
The show has changed for YEARS back...but it's still good, just different. We really enjoyed the 2nd part of the show. The food is OK, not amazing. We are trying it again this vacation. However, I still like Hoop Dee Doo better! :mickey:

lilmattie13
04-17-2007, 01:48 AM
I just made a reservation for Sept 14,

We are paying for this one out of pocket because we really wanted the cat 1.

When I called on a Friday to book for the first show they had four tables left. When I called back on the Monday to definitely book it, I took the last table.

Being in Nov I think you still would be fine, especially if you dont care which catagory you get.

I hope its worth it:mickey: