PDA

View Full Version : Bongo'sCuban Cafe

stitchcousin
04-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Has anyone eaten here? I was thinking about trying this out when we go down in November. I know you can't make reservations. Any feedback would be appreciated:mickey:

kris10399
04-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm a big fan of cuban food and enjoyed it there. We had our DD with us and the staff wasn't very kid-friendly, nor friendly in general. But the food was good. It was a little loud too.

I'd go back again...not much cuban food in Chicago. ;)

sunlyon
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM
We ate here once. The food was great, but the service was HORRIBLE ... very unfriendly, like it was a bother to serve you!! I would never go back.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-14-2007, 11:43 PM
A friend of mine who lives in Orlando loves this restaurant. I've never eaten here, but her and her husband go there often.

A Big Kid
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
We ate here once. .
Me too.

The food was great, but the service was HORRIBLE .

I completely agree!

very unfriendly, like it was a bother to serve you!! .

I completely agree, again.

I would never go back.

I completely agree for a third time, or is that four?

stitchcousin
04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. I think I will definately skip Bongo's.

Master Gracey
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
I might be in the minority but we have been twice and had really good service. The last time we had our son with us (10 months) and the server bent over backwards to make him happy. She held his hand while she took our order and brought him crackers and extra bread. I'm pretty sure he would have went home with her and he was painfully shy at that time. He normally didn't like people to even look at him.