PDA

View Full Version : Using with credits and paying OOP during single meals meal?

ldc12377
04-14-2007, 06:18 PM
We are thinking about eating at a signature dining restaurant. Can we using our DDP credits to pay for the adults but pay OOP for the kids? It doesn't really seem worth the 2TS since the kid's menus aren't that expensive. We will be paying OOP at other restuarants ( 50's Prime Time and Norway Princess Breakfast) in order to have the credits for a signature meal. We could use the kid's credits for their meals at those meals and just have to pay for the adults OOP. That seems like a better use of credits to me. What does anyone know if I can do that?
Just so no one gets mad... we will only use adult credits for adult meals and child credits for child meals. I would feel like I was cheating if I did it any other way. My guilt would ruin my trip!!!

Disneyfun
04-14-2007, 06:47 PM
I am not sure, but have heard of others doing exactly what you are talking about.

To my knowledge, the plan does not distinguish adult from children credits - you just get 1 credit per day per person per category. 2 adults + 2 children = 4 TS/CS/Snack credits per day.

This is incorrect now. Since I went, they have changed the plan to distinguish between adults and children. Loop hole closed! See Figment's post below.

Sorry for the mistake!

Figment!
04-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Can we using our DDP credits to pay for the adults but pay OOP for the kids? ... We could use the kid's credits for their meals at those meals and just have to pay for the adults OOP. You sure can, just make sure you let your server know ahead of time so they redeem the credits as you wish.

As you say you are still using Child Credits for Child Meals and Adult Credits for Adult meals.

To my knowledge, the plan does not distinguish adult from children creditsThe plan does distinguish between the two and this difference has been published in the literature that is distributed to all who purchase the plan.

It was previously left up to Guests to properly distinguish the two, but recently Disney has reportedly updated their computer systems to distinguish between the two.

Disneyfun
04-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the update Figment! The last I had read/understood was that a credit was a credit. That's a smart move on Disney's part!

bicker
04-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Disney has always relied on their guests to be honest, but in this case they found their trust misplaced, and at TS restaurants, at least, they're now actively enforcing the rule that child meal entitlements cannot be used for adult meals.