PDA

View Full Version : Free DDP LImits

readytogo2
04-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Is there any price limits when using this plan? or can we order any appetizer, entree, or dessert?

wendy*darling
04-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Pretty much you can order what you want. :thumbsup:

You cannot order an appetizer meant for 2 for one person, but you can order it if 2 people will be sharing it.

I have heard from some that a few places may restrict "add-on" lobster, etc., but just ask your server and they will guide you if there are any restrictions in that particular restaurant.

But generally speaking, you can get whatever you want!

Figment!
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
The "Free Dining Plan" is a type discounted Magic My Way package not a special type of Dining Plan.

What you get on the discounted package, although do not pay for, is the standard Disney Dining Plan.

See the Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180) for more details on the plan.

Jumpin'JiminyCricket
04-14-2007, 06:11 PM
There's no price limit's it more of a one of these, one of those, and one of that thing there type situation.

For the sit-down/table meals it is Apps, Entree and desserts. Drink (non-alcholic) included.

They have limited the menu, don't think it's going to be like a typical food place with 40 different dishes. THere are about 8-12 things you can get as entrees, maybe 8 apps, 6-8 desserts.

It's good food, but you better have a basic palatte.

The counter services is Drink, meal, dessert. You won't eat all of the desserts, but get them anyway. Each place has a limited meal there, pizza, burgers, nuggets, fish sandwich, etc.

It's def. worth it, but you have to make it work for you, make reservations, try stuff you wouldn't normal buy b/c of the price, enjoy your time.:mickey:

SBETigg
04-14-2007, 06:30 PM
They have limited the menu, don't think it's going to be like a typical food place with 40 different dishes. THere are about 8-12 things you can get as entrees, maybe 8 apps, 6-8 desserts.

This is a bit of a misleading statement. For the most part, the menu is the same for regular paying diners as it is for diners using the dining plan. It isn't as if they narrow the menu down and only give you certain selections if you are on the dining plan. In general, the restaurant menus may seem a little more streamlined than they have in the past, something for which a lot of people blame the introduction of the dining plan. But there is still plenty of variety and some really fantastic dining at WDW, dining plan or no.

But to answer the original poster's question, no, there are not price limits, and yes you can order pretty much anything with very few exceptions.

karenrarintogo
04-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Some restaurants have "specialty" non-alcoholic drinks. These are also NOT included in the Disney dining plan.

Also, some counter service meals offer fruit and this can be chosen for dessert instead of unhealthier options, as I recall.

Kairi_7378
04-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I was able to substitute fruit cups for desserts at the CS restaurants.

When making ADRs ask the Cast Member what's included in the DP at each restaurant. I also asked what was included at each place when I sat down, just to avoid any surprises!

For an example, 2 of the sushi platters at CA Grill count as entrees on the DP instead of appetizers, and one of the entrees wasn't included. You can get a flatbread, sushi, or a traditional appetizer for your appetizer on the dining plan. The cheese plate counts as either a dessert or an appetizer.

disneyfan328
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I too questioned this as my DH and I want to take the kids to Teppanyaki. We viewed a menu from here and saw that they have my fave - Filet Mignon. My DH wanted to know if I would be able to order it on the DDP since it is so expensive. So I called the wdw dine and was told that if it is a TS that counts as one, you can order whatever off the menu for your entree. If it is a place that has lets say Steak and Lobster for 50$, it is a place that will count as 2TS on the DDP. You can tell which places count as 2 if you review the DDP info. There are some, but not many, so order what you want and enjoy!!! That's what we plan to do!!:)

:mickey:

lilmattie13
04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm a little confused now.

Is it if it is high priced items then it counts as two TS? Or are those things just usually sold at the 2TS restaurants?

Just trying to clarify so I wont be all confused in Sept. We went two years ago when it first was offered but didnt go last year and I think there have been some changes.

We had a wonderful time two years ago and I am hoping it is similiar this year.

Figment!
04-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Credit redemption is by location.

Most Table Service Locations only require one Table Service Credit per meal, a few (designated as Signature Locations) require the conversion of Two Table Service Credits into One Signature Credit per meal.

The "Magic Your Way" Dining Plan Restaurants (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp) section lists which locations are which. :thumbsup:

Most general questions can be answered by the Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)