PDA

View Full Version : Who uses AAA?

zaneymax
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have a question.:secret: I just booked our upcoming June trip through MJ with Karen.:thumbsup: After doing some extra reading on these boards (I'm addicted!), I remember reading that you could have a AAA discount applied to your trip. How much does joining AAA actually save you when you book a trip through MJ? From the AAA website, it will cost me about $63.00 to join AAA. Will I save more than that? I am just trying to decide whether I should join or not. Every dollar counts for us on this trip, so your opinions will help to make my decision! Thanks!

dizne4me
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I just booked my Aug. trip using AAA discount and it saved me $210 for a 5 night stay in the Ft. Wilderness cabins. In addition, I use the AAA discount throughout the year as well - at the auto store-LensCrafters, etc., and it comes in real handy if we take a road trip as well - alot of hotels give AAA discounts too.

Kairi_7378
04-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I also used AAA to book my vacation. We saved about $400 on a 4 night say with a 5 day park hopper and dining. (I booked my trip before I discovered Intercot.)
Many hotels and theme parks offer AAA discounts, so if you do a lot of traveling the membership is worthwhile. Additionally, the service is good to have if you're on a road trip!

Touchdown
04-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Outside of Disney AAA is also a great value as a AAA member you get:

-Free Maps, Guidebooks and Trip Planning at any AAA store acrosse the country
-AAA Discounts
-Free Towing and changing of tires (ie if you ever have a flat)

It is really worth the money if you do any sort of traveling.

disney100%
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
AAA is definitely worth it. On our last trip I saved $180 off a 6 night stay, which was also applied to my parents' room and my brother's. So, for $70 (2 person membership in NH), I was able to save myself and family $540. Plus, there are actually a lot of retailers who offer a AAA discount.

KylesMom
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
zaneymax, we have used MJ to book our room-only reservation with AAA discount (at their suggestion) for both our July '06 and our upcoming June '07 trip. We're annual passholders so we didn't need park tickets, dining plan, etcetera. The room only discounts have been 10-15%, and have easily paid for the card many times over. The AAA roadside assistance was invaluable to me this winter when I got a flat tire & couldn't get my van jacked up high enough to change it myself!

Note, however, that the AAA discount is only viable through MJ on a room-only basis. In other words, if you have booked a package through MJ (tickets/dining), they will be unable to offer the AAA discount. You would need to cancel your reservation with MJ and book directly with AAA. Honestly, we've never even called AAA for the package rates, so I couldn't even begin to guess what they are offering. I don't know if you could get a quote from your local AAA office before you joined or not . . . but I wanted to ensure you were aware of the booking rules. :mickey:

jax86
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
we went in nov and the package rate from mj was much better than AAA:mickey:

Dyanna
04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
We just booked our Oct trip thru Disney direct & saved $100 using our AAA discount. You must show your AAA ID upon arrival to get the discount.

Goofy Pluto
04-16-2007, 04:00 PM
we went in nov and the package rate from mj was much better than AAA:mickey:

See, this is my conundrum...

I keep seeing that TRADITIONALLY you can get a better rate by waiting for Disney to announce their package rates and when MJ applies it to your package. (We want to do a package with DDP). However, suppose Disney decides NOT to do a package discount this year? (We're going the week after Thanksgiving and we don't know yet if they will or won't.) Is that really possible? Doesn't seem like it based on history, but it's always possible.

I'm SO CONFUSED as to what to do. Yes, I could go with MJ, what if no package discount is ever offered? I could have saved more money using AAA. Plus you get a discount card from AAA to use at some stores at DTD, if I understand correctly.

AAAAAARGH!!! :confused:

WHAT TO DO!?!?!?!?!?! Why is this so hard to decide! If someone, ANYONE, could tell me what the % off or discount was the previous two years this would make my decision so much easier! Can anyone tell me what the actual discount was, not just the dates the discounts were released, when they were good for, or the name of it?

Thanks.

ibrowse17
04-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Like kylesmom, we have AP's and use those or AAA for room discounts. The money saved even once pays your dues back several times over. We go enough that it makes since to have AP's, so we do not worry about packages:thumbsup: