PDA

View Full Version : Any idea how many rooms for dining?

scooterca42
04-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I was curious - there has been a lot of chatter about how Pop filled up right away, and Movies, (we're in Music and looking forward to it):thumbsup: does anyone have any idea what the proportion of rooms set aside to book with Stay Play and Dine are? :confused:

I know not every room will be filled on that promotion, because I think you could still get a Pop AAA rate room if you wanted, though all the Stay Play and Dine packages are gone. :(

Is it like a quarter, or half, or does it change depending on the response?:scratch:

magicofdisney
04-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I can't answer your question but I do believe Pop is probably the more popular of the values simply because it's newer. Therefore, I think they may allot less rooms there for any given promo because they don't need enticements to fill it up.

Veectoor
04-15-2007, 09:23 AM
We tried to get into WL, but was told that was all filled up with the free dining rooms, but we could stay there if we paid for the dining ourselves (which I almost did). Instead, we opted for POR with free dining. Then, I decided that with the money we were saving, I would try to extend the vacation by another day. The CM on the phone said that POR was booked solid for that extra day, but that I could stay at CBR. They are definitely pushing people to the less popular resorts with the free dining..which after all is the point, right?

Spaceship Tigger
04-15-2007, 10:31 AM
The number of Free Dining rooms couldn't have been very high in the more popular places. I was booked through Magical Journeys and within one to two hours after Free Dining was announced, my agent let me know that there were no courtyard or woods view rooms available at WL for Free Dining. So the availability of those rooms must have been extremely limited.

Actually, the extremely limited availability of rooms actually makes me feel better about the potential crowd levels...