PDA

View Full Version : California Grill or Narcoossee's???

ldc12377
04-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Which of these is best? Which has better food? Which has a better view of the fireworks? Which one is more kid-friendly?( We will be dining with DS8, DD6, & DS2) I'm really torn. From what I have read the views from Cali Grill are amusing but I'm afraid it may be a little too adult for our age of kids. Is Narcoossee's more kid-friendly? The menu there looks a little better for kids. Any advice?? Please help!!!

Bruegge
04-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I'ts been 4 long years but we ate at both..

Fireworks view CG, kid friendly ..tie but if I remember DD4 was able to color on the white table paper at CG.

Food both excellent.. slight nod to CG... it has a great sushi and flatbreads. Can't recall the desserts at Narcoosee's ... CG desserts were wonderful..

I'm arriving in May.... I again have both booked again..

I'll check back in a month or so

Scott

ldc12377
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info.

When in May are you going? We will be there May 27 - June 5.

Veectoor
04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
California Grill.
If you're worried about the formality of the place with your kids, opt for an earlier dinner, around 5:00. Its pretty relaxed then.

faline
04-14-2007, 05:17 PM
When we were there last, California Grill began sitting for dinner at 5:30 p.m.

Bruegge
04-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the info.

When in May are you going? We will be there May 27 - June 5.

Short trip (got family to visit south of Tampa after Mouseville..

May 26th- May 31st

My CG ressie is May 28th my Narcoosee is May 27th

Scott

LoriMistress
04-14-2007, 06:53 PM
From what I read with reviews Narcoossee's has long waits (even with ADRs) and its formal. I think it might be a bit too much for your kids.

Bruegge
04-14-2007, 07:33 PM
From what I read with reviews Narcoossee's has long waits (even with ADRs) and its formal. I think it might be a bit too much for your kids.

In 2002 we had a long wait for a table but or concierge at the poly made the ressie for us the day before ( Ahhh .. the good old days)... we attributed the seating delay to the last minute ressie...

It was later and a bit noisey for a fine dining restaurant (we did sit close to the bar) but our DD4 (then) did great.

Scott

Natazu
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Which of these is best?
It's too close to call, CG for me

Which has better food?
CG, but they are both four star

Which has a better view of the fireworks?
California Grill

I'm really torn. From what I have read the views from Cali Grill are amusing but I'm afraid it may be a little too adult for our age of kids. Is Narcoossee's more kid-friendly? The menu there looks a little better for kids. Any advice?? Both of these restaurants are geared towards adult diners but here are kids at both all the time. Either is kid-friendly but I'd say most kids enjoy the California Grill atmosphere better especially during the fireworks.