PDA

View Full Version : Size of lockers at Magic Kingdom?

piratemom
04-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Does anybody know the dimensions of the lockers? Having a birthday party at MK and will want to store them afterwards to go play, instead of taking them back to our hotel. There won't be but a few but a couple of them are slightly bulky.

Any knowledge would be appreciated. I e-mailed DWR about the possibility of having them sent back to our hotel, but they said "regretably we don't offer this service"

Thanks

Darbylew
04-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I really don't know the size but we have put a
small cooler and jackets in them. They are not
real big and it just depends on how much you
want to store. You could always rent two. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY 2007. :D CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK IN THE
LAND OF MICKEY AND THE MAGIC. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
04-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Small! A rough guess would be about a 15" square give or take a few inches. Where's Main Street Jim when you need him!!!

piratemom
04-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Okay, thanks. Maybe we'll just open gifts at the room before we go to the castle for lunch and birthday cake. Kind of doesn't seem right...but I don't think it could be a better birthday celebration, any way you look at it!:party:

sgagnard
04-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Disney World Lockers
At the four Theme Parks, the policy is:
$5.00 per day plus a $2.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned Key must be turned in within an hour of the park closing Key operated lockers can be accessed as often as you like
When visiting more than one theme park on the same day:
Return the key for the $2.00 deposit and get a receipt, Take the receipt to the next theme park 0
Present the receipt, pay the $2.00 key deposit and you'll have a locker for the remainder of the day
Locker Locations
Magic Kingdom- Under the Train Station inside the park
Small locker - 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Large locker - 17"H x 12"W x 22" Deep
Epcot - To the right of the base of Spaceship Earth, near the restrooms International Gateway
Disney MGM Studios - Rent at Crossroad's of the World - Lockers located next to Oscar's Super Service
Disney Animal Kingdom – Expedition Storage lockers by Guest Services inside the park
Small 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Large 17"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Outside the park near the Kennel (rent at Kennel)
Small 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Large 17"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Extra Large 17"H x 12"W x 16" Deep
There are Luggage Lockers at Epcot and at the Ticket and Transportation Center. The Epcot luggage lockers are located behind the bus information booth. The TTC lockers are located next to the bus information booth.These are coin operated and require 4 quarters each time they're used. The dimensions are: 23"H x 16"W x 29" Deep
Pricing at the Water Parks:
Blizzard Beach
• $5.00 rental per day for Small: 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep plus a $2.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
• $7.00 rental per day for Large: 17"H x 9"W x 16" Deep plus a $2.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
Typhoon Lagoon
• $5.00 rental per day for Small: 12"H x 12" W x 16" Deep plus a $2.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
• $7.00 rental per day for Large: 18"H x 18"W x 16" Deep plus a $2.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
Downtown Disney
Lockers at Downtown Disney are coin operated and require 4 quarters each time that they're opened.
Marketplace:
• Near Cap'n Jack's Restaurant and the Marina Rental Window
• Dimensions: 17"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Pleasure Island:
Opposite Motion Dance Club
Mannequins second floor by the elevator
8-Trax spiral staircase landing
Dimensions: 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep

piratemom
04-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Okay, you're awesome! Everything I could ever want to know about lockers

Thanks a bunch!!!

:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Actually, the MK lockers have been moved to the right side of the entry area just after the turnstiles. We were disappointed to find that they don't offer the large lockers anymore. My fiance's tripod, which had fit in the past, wouldn't fit in the new lockers. It had room for a daypack/backpack and a shopping bag, but not much else.

Bringonthemouse!
04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't mean to rain on your parade but I was wondering if security will let you through the gates with wrapped packages? I thought that since they check your bags they may not allow entry if they can't see what's in the gift packages.
I'm sure someone will be along shortly who knows a heck of a lot more about this than I do and I hope they tell me I'm wrong!
But you're right, a birthday party anywhere on Disney property is exciting enough.
Have fun!!:mickey:

piratemom
04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Good point. You know, not to down Disney customer service, but it seems to me that they would have mentioned a potential security issue or even other options such as lockers and info regarding them. All I got was "regretably we don't offer that service."

You guys are so helpful. Thanks for being here. Being prepared for what might happen can keep a grouchy husband under control. Yeah, Yeah, I know we'll be at WDW but "Grumpy" lives there too!:secret: