PDA

View Full Version : Non Preferred Room - CBR

shecky66
04-14-2007, 09:39 AM
We're going for a 4 night stay at CBR starting 8/24. In the past we stayed in Martinique - Building 26. We had a standard room with an ideal location, near the main bus stop, food court and feature pool.

I booked a standard room at CBR again. I know that Buliding 26 is a preferred location so I can't get it with a standard rate. We prefer Martinique so I would like to request Buliding 22 since it seems to be the one in Martinique that's closest to the quiet pool in that section but not a preferred building.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific room number in building 22 that's really close to the quiet pool? Do you think at that time of year it would be hard for them to honor my room request?

Thanks in advance.

CleveRocks
04-14-2007, 01:39 PM
We're going for a 4 night stay at CBR starting 8/24. In the past we stayed in Martinique - Building 26. We had a standard room with an ideal location, near the main bus stop, food court and feature pool.

I booked a standard room at CBR again. I know that Buliding 26 is a preferred location so I can't get it with a standard rate. We prefer Martinique so I would like to request Buliding 22 since it seems to be the one in Martinique that's closest to the quiet pool in that section but not a preferred building.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific room number in building 22 that's really close to the quiet pool? Do you think at that time of year it would be hard for them to honor my room request?

Thanks in advance.
Two bits of info for you.

Any room that is so close to the pool that it faces the pool is considered a water view room and costs more per night, the exact same extra cost as a preferred location room.

Secondly, I always try to talk people out of requesting a certain room number. You are better off requesting it in the words you used in your post, something like "Martinique close to the quiet pool."

Here's why it's a bad idea, IMHO, to request a specific room number or numbers. What if that room or those rooms are already taken during even one day of your stay? The room assigner can't be expected to be psychic and know WHY you requested that room number (for all they know, you requested room 2240 because it's your lucky number or because you had a dream about it or because it's a second floor corner room or because it's near the pool -- they have no way of knowing). So if the room isn't available, you'll just be given any old room anywhere. That's why explaining what you want has a greater chance of getting you what you want.

Also, just to give you more to think about, Jamaica 44 and 45 and Aruba 52 and 53 are pretty close to their respective quiet pools, also, and are roughly the same walking distance to OPR as is Martinique 22.

GOOD LUCK!

maizey05
04-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I didn't have a preferred room last year at CBR and was all worked up about it. When I got to the room, however, I was totally happy. We were really close to the quiet pool for Trinidad South. We had a large bay type window looking out on the courtyard. In the courtyard were several tables with umbrellas and chairs, which I sat at to read a book several times. Bottom line, I personally don't think it's worth the $ to have a preferred room.

Mariašoš
04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
I would highly recommend Jamaica 45. It's literally at the foot of the bridge and island leading to Old Port Royale.

shecky66
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I like where Jamaica 45 is but isn't it a smoking building?

My son has asthma and we try to keep him away from the smokers.

Mariašoš
04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
No, the only smoking optional building at the Caribbean Beach Resort is Aruba 51.