PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian - Garden View Room

Goofster
04-14-2007, 09:07 AM
We decided to book Poly with the free dining as WL was completely booked. The only room type left at the Poly with free dining was Garden View. Any suggestions from Poly fans on which long house is recommended and the best way to avoid getting a room with a view of the parking lot????? Thanks a million!

Jeff
04-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Most buildings are not near parking lots so there is no chance of seeing a lot with most. One side of Rapa Nui has a view of a lot - but the added bonus is you can park close to your room.

Have you checked the resort property map here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/polynesian.jpg) on info central.

We have stayed in Tokelau several times in a 3rd floor Garden View facing the quiet pool. The 3rd floor has a balcony too.

BelleCiavo
04-14-2007, 09:30 AM
There are not many parking lot views at all. I also like Toukalau, 3rd floor, quiet pool view. Some of those rooms have a semi-lagoon view, and it is a close walk to GCH, TTC, main pool, beach, and laundry. My second building choice is Samoa 3rd floor overlooking vocano pool. September is usually quiet and pool noise is not bad with door closed.

Spaceship Tigger
04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
We decided to book Poly with the free dining as WL was completely booked.

This is exactly the same thing that happened to us. As of last Monday right after Free Dining was announced, WL was basically already booked. So we reserved the Polynesian.

From what I've looked at, I think the only locations that I really would not want at all would be the parking lot side of Rapa Nui or the monorail sides of Rarotonga and Aotearoa.

Polynesian Dweller
04-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Having stayed in a lot of the buildings over the year we also would recommend Tokelau. Great building with bigger rooms since its one of the newer. Tahiti garden view might be the next best.

To avoid a parking lot view you can fax the Room Assigner about 3-5 days before your trip with the request and giving them a reason. Usually works.:mickey:

Goofster
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
This is exactly the same thing that happened to us. As of last Monday right after Free Dining was announced, WL was basically already booked. So we reserved the Polynesian.

From what I've looked at, I think the only locations that I really would not want at all would be the parking lot side of Rapa Nui or the monorail sides of Rarotonga and Aotearoa.

It ended up being good for us though. We've been wanting to try the Poly, but just couldn't pass on the WL. This way, we are 'forced' to try Poly! :D

SBETigg
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
We enjoyed Rarotonga. Our garden view looked out over the quiet pool and it was so close to the Great Ceremonial House.

tink55
04-14-2007, 08:05 PM
You will love the Poly. I honestly don't think there are any bad views there. The grounds are just beautiful, all around.

Goofster
04-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone! I checked out the resort property map and I think Tokelau will be good room request for us.

Only 5 more months! :party: