PDA

View Full Version : Room Requests

Lily
04-14-2007, 08:40 AM
How much luck has everyone had requesting rooms? Last year I requested Jamaica at CBR. We were traveling with another family and I also requested that our rooms be near eachother. We ended up with a joining room in Bermuda. I guess Disney thought we would prefer that to Jamaica rooms that were separate from eachother.

This year we're going alone. We have requested Jamaica 44, 45 or 46 for September 15-22nd. We are still 5 months out from that trip. Do you all think we have a chance of getting our request?

Thanks!

Dedivah
04-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Lily,

Not to sure about the room request as I have never tried it.

However, I see that you stayed at Coronado Springs in August of 2005. DH and I will be there this year in August as well. This is our first time staying at CSR. Can you tell me what to expect or any advice would be great.

BelleCiavo
04-14-2007, 09:35 AM
We've stayed in September four times and our room requests have always been honored, in fact even including other months we've stayed we've always gotten what we wanted (although this is the first time we are staying in May and I'm not counting on it.) It's usually pretty slow in September. What time are you checking in?

DizneyFreak2002
04-14-2007, 11:43 AM
In 2004 I requested the 50's section on Pop Century and received a room in the 50's... And in 2005 I requested a room in the Casitas 4 building at Coronado Springs, close to the bus stop, and received the closest room in the building... So, I have had success... With that said, Disney does not promise you'll get what you want, but they will try their best to accommodate..

Polynesian Dweller
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
We've had ours honoured (sometimes) but it depends on time of year. Mid-Sept is slower so you might get them.

However, the room assignments are not done until just a few days before your arrival (3-5 days as I recall). Our best success rate has been when we've sent a fax to the hotel within that time frame. Some of the hotels are no longer accepting requests anymore (Wilderness Lodge for one).

---------------------
Sixteen straight years at the Polynesian

CleveRocks
04-14-2007, 01:32 PM
How much luck has everyone had requesting rooms? Last year I requested Jamaica at CBR. We were traveling with another family and I also requested that our rooms be near eachother. We ended up with a joining room in Bermuda. I guess Disney thought we would prefer that to Jamaica rooms that were separate from eachother.

This year we're going alone. We have requested Jamaica 44, 45 or 46 for September 15-22nd. We are still 5 months out from that trip. Do you all think we have a chance of getting our request?

Thanks!
Even if the room assigners hope to fulfill every single request, it's just not always possible. It's not that they're being mean or thoughtless, it's just a matter of supply and demand. If there were no two rooms near each other in Jamaica for your dates of stay, then someone, as you say, decided being close to the other party was probably more important to you than being in Jamaica. I'm assuming you stayed in Aruba (since Bermuda is about 500 miles to the northeast :silly: ) -- Aruba and Jamaica are mirror-images of each other, so I can't see a strong preference for one over the other, anyway.

Good luck with the requests for the next trip. There's no way to gauge whether or not you'll get them, but I wish you lots of pixie dust!

MNNHFLTX
04-14-2007, 03:47 PM
If being in one of those Jamaica buildings is your only request, you probably have a good chance of getting it. Additional advice--check in as early as possible. If the room assigned to you is not per your request, ask if there are any available rooms in your preferred buildings. Room assignments are shuffled around all the time at check-in, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

debandbub
04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
On the times that we've requested a specific room or area, it's always been honored. We've gone in September, November and December. An idea that seems to work for us is to FAX a request to the resort about 3-4 days before your trip, when they start assigning rooms. (I am sure I got that tip on these boards!). Good Luck and Have fun!!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
04-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Our requests for the past two trips have been relatively simple--we wanted first-floor rooms, and, on our last trip we wanted to be next to my parents' room. Both times our requests were honored, although my mom requested a smoking room and couldn't get it, because she would have had to be in a seperate building from us.

BUT...having done endless hours of research on Intercot, for our Sept trip I requested a first-floor room in a specific building...I guess only time will tell...

Polynesian Dweller
04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Additional advice--check in as early as possible. If the room assigned to you is not per your request, ask if there are any available rooms in your preferred buildings. Room assignments are shuffled around all the time at check-in, so it doesn't hurt to ask.
Really good advice. I forgot about that one. Check in early and leave you bags if the room isn't ready. The CM at checkin can and do override the room assigners decisions and they do those overrides on a first come first served basis. We learned that on the hard way a couple of years when we left check in until later in the day.

Lily
04-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Thank you, everyone! I'm feeling hopeful. :thumbsup:

Dedivah: I loved Coronado Springs! The resort is just beautiful and the pool area is amazing. The reason we chose Caribbean Beach again this year is because the rooms are slightly larger than other moderates, and we spent so little time at the resort last year that I feel like I didn't get to enjoy it. You will have a wonderful time at Coronado Springs. :)

(and a major, OOOOPS! on my previous post, we stayed in Barbados last year. I knew it started with a B!)

Thanks again!