PDA

View Full Version : affordable in park dining

Clywalk
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
What are your picks for the most affordable in park dining in each of the four parks?
Me and a friend will be eating in park and trying to save money, we like just about all kinds of food.
There has to be some good in park values.

MsMin
04-14-2007, 01:20 AM
What I really enjoyed was the Sunshine Seasons in the Land. It's CS but they have some great dinner plates. I also suggest that you try some of the resort restauarants. They are typically more reasonable for the same type food compared to a place in the park.

January-2007
04-14-2007, 08:31 AM
We always go to Pecos Bill's in the Magic Kingdom and do the following: Order a double cheeseburger with fries, then ask for a plain bun (around 79 cents). Then we take one of the hamburger patties and put it on the plain bun, load up on toppings, and share the fries. I'm sure you could probably do this anywhere that serves burgers. Oh, and ice water is free everywhere, as long as you don't mind tap.

A lot of the counter service stuff is big enough to share. DH and I get the chicken/rib combo at Cosmic Ray's and share that sometimes. It also comes with cooked carrots and mashed potatoes, it's very good stuff, not like fast food at all.

Have a great trip, I'm sure a lot more folks have plenty of tips to share. :mickey:

MissStyles
04-14-2007, 09:24 AM
If you want to dine at a table service restaurant in the parks...you might want to try lunch. The prices are usually less than dinner. In Magic Kingdom, I've heard Liberty Tree Tavern has a nice lunch and the prices are very reasonable. In EPCOT you could try lunch in one of the countries. Be sure to check out the menus in the dining section, that can give you an idea on the prices. I also agree with sharing counter service meals as well. They do give a good amount of food. One other suggestion, Trails End is a tasty buffet and is one of the best dining values on property. It's located in Ft. Wilderness. Happy dining! :)

ISLE39
04-14-2007, 09:48 AM
my picks mgm buzzs pizza planet pizza and slad combo 8 bucks bring yoru own drinks from home (i bring a case of water i buy before i get to teh resort and some 20 ounce bottles of soda usually 6 for 3$)
mk cosmic rays burger idea said above was great but there food is reasonably priced plus all the toppings yum.
ak flame tree bbq this i can vouch for the rotiserie chicken combo can be shared by 2 people its huge.

for anythign to save money u can always do a buffet in any park for lunch where it is cheap and have a very light dinner late lunch at 230pm then ur not hungry until maybe 8 for a snack. pretzel 3 bucks

Niecyboo
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
We tend to buy the large CS meals and share as well. A couple of our favorites not mentioned are the rotisserie chicken meal at Tusker House in AK or at Epcot we'll either get the Lamb and chicken plate at Tangerine Cafe or the Combo Plate at Cantina D San Angel. The best part is you don't feel like you're eating cheap, and you get more than burgers (although we also love the burger thing at Pecos Bills...you need SOME burgers in your diet.):thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Second the suggestion for splitting an entree at Tangerine Cafe. They give you a TON of food there! We also split meals at Flame Tree BBQ by adding a side of onion rings to the meal platter. Although they aren't conducive to sharing, the turkey legs are a cheap meal at $5.75 each.

When we flew to Orlando, we took a small suitcase and filled it with bottled water, Pop Tarts, and muffin bars. We always breakfasted in the hotel before we headed to the parks. On some days, our lunch consisted of small snacks (popcorn, Dole Whips) and then we ate a big dinner at a resort.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Maybe start with breakfast by eating in the room. You can either bring things such as dry cereal, or cereal bars or something like that. THe resort sells boxes of donuts, which we usually buy, we are not big breakfast people. As far as saving money in the parks. Most counter service prices for meals run you about the same as any restaurant at home, such as an eat-n-park. $7-$8 for (chicken fingers, burgers and such) if neither of you are big eaters you can share these. I would suggest eating a big lunch and than getiing something light in the evening. Of course you need to budget for a Mickey bar ice cream! Have fun!

pook@wdw
04-14-2007, 05:05 PM
In MK...Pecos Bill's/Cosmic Ray''s
In Epcot...Usually anywhere in The Land
(best value is during Food & Wine Festival @ various food booths set up "around the world!"
In Disney Studios...50's Prime time Cafe/ABC commissary/Back Lot Express
In AK...Flame Tree BBQ
Outside Parks...Trail's End Buffet @ FW, Ohana's @ Poly, Whispering Canyon @ WL, Hoop-Dee-Doo dinner show ( a little pricey but all-you-can-eat/drink and a great show).
These are just a few. Remember you can always share to save more, cause the portions are usually large enough. And also try to order off the kids menu if possible.:thumbsup:

Figment!
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
The Plaza Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom offers Table Service caliber meals at Counter Service prices. :thumbsup:

From Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)

The Plaza Restaurant
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Hours: 11 a.m. – Varies with Park Close
Type: Sit-Down Service
Price Range: Items under $15
Advanced Dining Reservations: Yes
Cuisine: American Deli
Description: This quaint Victorian parlor provides an quite escape from the hustle and bustle of the busy main street outside it’s doors. Here dine on such American sandwiches as Tuna Salad, Grilled Chicken, Cheesesteak, Grilled Ruben or the restaurant’s signature Plaza Club. To tickle your sweet tooth the restaurant serves a variety of delicious sundaes and hand-dipped milkshakes.

RockChalkKimball
04-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I will second the idea of sharing CS meals, especially if you don't need tons of food. My DD(18) and I do this often and are always satisfied. This also gives you a good excues to have a Mickey Ice cream or a dole whip later in the day! In Epcot they have carts in each country that sell different treats. My son likes to "eat his way around the world":pizza::popcorn:

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2007, 10:09 AM
What great suggestions here! I agree with Figment about the Plaza - TS at CS prices! And it's a nice reprieve from the park!

ak flame tree bbq this i can vouch for the rotiserie chicken combo can be shared by 2 people its huge.
This is a great bargain and my family of 4 (two young children) has split this for lunch.

The countries throughout EPCOT usually have nice bites for less money. In Germany you can get pretzels and brats, burritos & tacos in Mexico, great bakeries in France and Norway... you get the idea. :mickey: