PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Week-End '07: Park attendance?

The Bookseller
04-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I am right now in full planning with two of my friends for a trip to WDW between the 31 of august and the 09 of September. It is only after we cemented those dates that we noticed that it falls right into the American Labor Day week-end.

So, what is the experience in those days? Do the crowd is really thick or we will have some air to breathe?

BelleCiavo
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM
The Tom Joyner Family Reunion goes on and that impacts crowds and then at the other end of your trip you have Night of Joy which will impact late afternoon-night at MK. While both of these weekends are on the crowded side, it's still not too bad, maybe 1/2 hour wait without fast pass on the E ticket rides and fast pass return times that are a couple of hours away. Late Monday through Thursday will be absolutely lovely with most rides being walk-ons. Arrive at the parks early, enjoy other things in the afternoon.
Enjoy your trip. :mickey:
Karen

Gusgus
04-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Here's another thread on the topic http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101674

Gusgus

The Bookseller
04-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Thank you both for these infos. I will check that thread. :mickey:

CandleontheWater
04-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't remember it being too bad when we were there last year. During the week it shouldn't be bad at all, but the long weekend tends to bring in the locals.

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
You will definitely want the park hopper option. It is pretty crowded over the holiday weekend. The week is really nice and then MK gets slammed around 5 or 6 for the Night of Joy, both Fri and Sat. I think the park closes around 7 for the general public on Night of Joy. If you go to MK that day, be sure to get on any last minute faves before the Night of Joy people come in. Our last night at WDW was on a NOJ and as we were going to a very short Pirates line for our last ride, about 300 (no joke) people came barreling down the path and the line went from 15 mins to 55 min in less than 60 secs! I've never seen anything like it!:jaw:

Clotho
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
We are going almost the exact same time (30th-10th), and we did it on purpose. When we went last time, mid-September, it was soooo slow. It kinda bummed us out, as the energy was a little too low...part of the fun is the people you are sharing this magical experience with!

So we chose to go over that weekend to get to experience some crowds, and then stay for the week after when it slows way down.

Every experienced WDW'er has concurred that even the "crowds" on Labor Day weekend aren't nearly "crowded".

I am just excited I will be there ON my birthday, for the first time. I have celebrated the week after or two weeks after at DLR and WDW before, but never ON THE DAY. WAHOO!:number1:

The Bookseller
04-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Mickey91, I never go at WDW without the Park Hopper option! It is an amazing thing and I love it.

If I saw 300 persons take over POTC in less than a minute, I would be amazed too! ****... 40 minutes increase in 60 seconds...

Clotho, I will have to trust you on this one and see what magic a crowd can generate. Happy trip on your birthday! :mickey: