PDA

View Full Version : Feb v. Sep

Dakota Rose
04-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally, we started planning our next trip for Sep 2008. Then, a friend suggested we go as a group in April 2008. But that idea withered almost as fast as it bloomed. And tonight, my mom started talking about going in Feb 2008.

I'm still leaning toward Sep in case I get pregnant and to have more time to save more $. But, my mom is dead set on Feb.

Which would you choose? Feb 1-8 or Sep 8-15? Why? Which one will produce the best deal?

I've been in Feb & the crowds were nonexistant. I've never been in Sep, but when I went in Oct, it was still really hot and it was crowded too. I'm more concerned about crowds, she's more concerned about weather (it being too humid)

tinksmom02
04-13-2007, 11:16 PM
That would be a tough call for me. We were just there Jan 28-Feb 3, and you're right--the crowds are nonexistant, which was lovely. We've never been in Sept (going this Sept, though), but my friend goes every year and says it's a"ghost town," even with free dining. It is HOT, though...and our Jan/Feb trip was COLD, freakishly so. We wore winter coats for a bulk of the trip, no swimming, water parks, etc. BUT Sept weather is still hot hot hot, and more chances of rain, etc.

So, now that i haven't offered any advice, :blush: I think the crowds should be easy to manage either way, it's just a matter of choosing which type of weather you would rather chance.

Oh, and I agree with you about Oct. we were there in 2004 and it was very crowded!

Dakota Rose
04-13-2007, 11:19 PM
When you say cold, what do you mean? I live in North Dakota, so cold for me is single digits.

But, when we went in Feb 1998, I was still living in CA and I remember we bought sweatshirts to stay warm.

KAJUNKING
04-14-2007, 01:10 AM
if weather is your main concern i would say Feb, however we went last year in sept and there were no crowds to speak about, and we got free dining so we booked our trip this year for sept hoping for free dining and Disney came through, so i think if you are looking for the best deal sept is it, it is a little hot in sept, but we are from south Louisiana and high 80s to low 90s is not that hot to us, if that is a concern book as late in Sept as you can and hope for a cool front if not Disney has some really cool pools in which you couldn't really enjoy in Feb, Ive been at both times and prefer sept and the free dining is a big added bonus :mickey:

faline
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Both times are relatively uncrowded.

September can be quite hot and humid. There's also a chance of a tropical storm and/or a hurricane at this time of year.

February weather can be quite lovely or it can be quite nasty. One year, we had chilly rain for several days. Another time, we wore sweatshirts and we were still chilly with overnight lows slipping below freezing. On the other hand, we've sat at the pool quite comfortably in February! You just never know what sort of weather you'll get.

BrerGnat
04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
My last two trips were in September and February.

I would go back in February over September ANY time!

Here is why:

-In September, it was still ridiculously HOT and HUMID. I'm talking upper 90's and humidity that was so bad, I needed a shower an hour after I left my room. I was also 12 weeks pregnant at the time, and the heat just did me in, energy wise.

-In September, there are those nasty love bugs EVERYWHERE. Swarms of them. I hate bugs. Enough said.

-In September, it was the first year they offered the free dining plan, and to say that it was not crowded would be ridiculous. It was more crowded, in fact, than it had been the past three summer trips I had taken. I can't imagine anytime in September being a "ghost town", especially since they do the free dining plan in September (for the past three years, anyway).

-Our weather in February was wonderful. The nights were very chilly, and we didn't expect that, so we ended up with some new WDW sweatshirts (not ALL bad). I learned that WDW in cold weather is rough too, but definitely better than WDW in hot weather. The coldest night we had in Feb was our last night at Epcot, it was 43 degrees and very windy (wind chill was 39).

-It was too cold to use the pool in February. Luckily, we were at the WL, and the pool was closed, so we didn't really miss it. However, if swimming is a priority, Feb may not be the best time to go.

-Crowd levels in Feb were good. Longest standby wait was 25 min.

-Parks closed early in both months, so this is not really an issue.

If weather is your main concern, go with Feb! You can end up with some nice warm days, but it won't be super hot or humid, and there is less rain in Feb.

Dakota Rose
04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Thank you everyone. :)

I'll happily take 30s and 40s in February when it's averaging -10 at home. :) When it hits 50, we put on shorts. hahaha :cool: My dad hates the heat and keeping Grandpa happy is very, very important to the success of the trip.:thumbsup:

It's kind of a bummer that they only do free dining in Sept/Oct but when we were there during free dining, it was INSANE and I don't want to deal with that again. :mad: