PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for the DDP!!

jgt
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
We're booked for the Sept DDP but have never used the plan---free or otherwise.
Please send your advice as to how to maximize. Sounds like there's tool out there to help get the most bang for your buck? Thanks!!

Gator
04-13-2007, 10:09 PM
It's simple really. Just pick the table service places you want to go to and make ADRs. Then during the day, hit a counter service at the park. You can also use the snack for a breakfast treat. Don't worry about making the most of your money. I've done my own calculations, and the DDP let's you dine at a good price and get the best foods at each place. Just eat where you want and let the DDP take the headache out of worrying if the Prime Rib is too expensive.

kathiep
04-14-2007, 08:24 AM
I have to agree with the previous post. Don't worry about "getting your money's worth". That's a quick way to ruin the enjoyment of it all.

We had the free dining last year. We made ADR's for the restaurant's that appealed to us and our 2 kids.

We did several breakfast buffets. I know some think you don't get your monies worth with these, but my kids loved them so it was worth it to me!

We also did some TS dinners based on the theme's and menu's we'd enjoy. That way, we were happy with what we got.

I think just the convenience of not pulling out your wallet several times a day to pay for food and knowing you really didn't pay for it anyway, makes you feel like you got a great deal.

Have a great trip.

Hammer
04-14-2007, 11:18 AM
We're booked for the Sept DDP but have never used the plan---free or otherwise.
Please send your advice as to how to maximize. Sounds like there's tool out there to help get the most bang for your buck? Thanks!!

Why, yes there is such a tool! Use Intercot's Dining Plan Estimator (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp)!