PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone NOT get the resort they wanted during 'free dining promo'?

PrincessCandaceMarie
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Just curious....did anyone not get their resort they wanted? And did anyone get the resort they wanted? I was lucky enough to get POP and am glad to be back there, but a friend of mine (he and his wife and 3 children) couldn't get their choice resort, so I was just curious...Thanks!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-13-2007, 01:20 PM
We did not get the resort we wanted. We love staying at POP. It was sold out for the week we wanted 9/21 - 9/30. It must have gone quickly because we are Disney card holders and tried to get it Monday morning. We could have went the week before but decided not to. We bumped up to a moderate this time to get the dates we wanted. We are staying at CBR.

hooberry
04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
we didn't get our first choice either, there were no rooms at movies for the week we are going (2nd week of sept) so we will be at Music, of course I was told I could call back to see if there is a cancellation, but what's the chance of that:(

Marker
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Sept 21-25

Asked for All*Star Music - got it.

Asked for Biergarten at 5:30 on 21st - got it.
Asked for Concourse Steakhouse at 5:30 on 22nd - DIDN'T GET IT, was offered 7 instead......
... so, asked for Kona Cafe at 5:30 - got it.
Asked for Boma at 5:30 on 23rd - got it at 5:40
Asked for 50's Prime time at 5:30 24th - got it at 4:55.

Called back later and asked for Wolfgang Puck's at 5:30 on 23rd, got it (yes, that's one too many. I will cancel the extra as soon as we figure out which one we really want).

So, yes we got the resort and restaurants we wanted.

Camden'smom
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
We were able to get our first choice All Star Movies for the week of 9/21-9/29. We also wanted a preferred room so I think that helped us. We are hoping to get into Buzz.

wifey5794
04-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I know 3 familys going during the free dining promotion. All are Disney Visa holders. The 2 families that booked through MJ got their choices (even a MK tower room) and the other didn't.

ICould be just a coincidence but that is why I always book through MJ!
:number1:

Marker
04-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I know 3 familys going during the free dining promotion. All are Disney Visa holders. The 2 families that booked through MJ got their choices (even a MK tower room) and the other didn't.

ICould be just a coincidence but that is why I always book through MJ!
:number1:

Well, I'm using MJ for the first time ever...... so maybe that helped me as well.

Disneytravels
04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
We got what we wanted POR but for alot of my clients I could not get anyone into POP when they wanted. My suggestion is to try the morning of 14 days after April 9 and then 14 days after April 12.. People may have put a two week hold on it to think about it and when they don't put the deposit on it their reservation will be cancelled and open to book again. They only put so many rooms in the promotion and may add rooms later so keep checking back for what you really want.
Best of luck!

GottaLvDisney
04-13-2007, 07:27 PM
We we're already booked @ Pop (9/15-9/22) and were blessed that Karen @ MJ was able to update our reservation to include the free dining...

We were also prepared to switch resorts if necessary after seeing so many people say they couldn't get into Pop on Monday.

Fortunately it all worked in our favor. The fact that they keep on top of discounts and update as available is the biggest reason I decided to use MJ and I'm certainly happy I made that choice now! :mickey:

Disneytravels
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I think you picked the best dates for POP.. I did notice those dates were open but everybody wants the begining of the promo or the end of the promo. We will be there the 12-17

January-2007
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM
We didn't get the exact dates we wanted, so I ended up changing things up a bit, but we did get the resort we wanted, Pop Century. So now we are leaving 2 days earlier, but staying 4 days longer, so it's ok. 11 nights at Pop Preferred (all they had available) with Free Dining, what could be better? :mickey:

karenrarintogo
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
WE got the POP 2 standard rooms (which is what we wanted) in the middle of the promotion. We are arriving 9/14. We got it on Monday around 9:30 AM. :cloud9: :mickey:

pixiegoose
04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
We wanted Pop or Movies but couldn't get either of those, so we're at Music 9/16-23. I (well, my husband did at my request) told Wendy at MJ that those 2 were our top choices but any value would do and that's what we got. I'm just glad we were able to get the free dining. Now we (and by "we" I mean I because the husband is of little help in this department) just need to get ADRs. We know for sure we're going to 50's Prime Time on 9/17, as we have friends who planned their trip before us and were able to add us to their "party" for that reservation once we found out we got free dining. Other than that, I'm crossing my fingers we get into the ones we want. :mickey:

tlhewitt52
04-13-2007, 09:13 PM
We were originally suppose to stay at Pop 9/15-9/22 but couldn't get it so we got switched to All Star Sports, but saving the $550 was well worth the switch!! Maybe next year we'll make it to POP!!

grego77
04-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I got both the resort (Coronado Springs) and dining (Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Rose&Crown, Coral Reef, 'Ohana, 50s PTC). :mickey:

YAY for INTERCOT for informing me of the free dining, and YAY to MJ for being amazing!:number1:

Crow
04-13-2007, 10:38 PM
asked Karen for Pop Sept 21 for 6 nights free dining and got it
then 2 nights WL standard AAA (not free dining) and all they had was courtyard view for AAA. more than i wanted to pay but hoping for a later room discount.
now i just need air and ADRs...mayb i can stay another night? hmmmm
yay for MJ

tinksmom02
04-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks to TerriSue from MJ :number1: I got the resort we wanted (POFQ) when we wanted it!

Thanks to my ability to plan a week's worth of Disney fun in a matter of hours, we have ADR's at Boma, Ohana, Crystal Palace, Askershus, and1900 (rehab at GF Cafe) exactly when we wanted it, and shuffled around a little to get into LeCellier for lunch.

Wish I could organize other aspects of my life and quickly and easily!

dinahvixen
04-15-2007, 12:42 PM
We did not get the resort we wanted. I booked through MJ for the first time for ASMo for two rooms (my dad in his own room, my DH and DD, and myself in another). ASmo was booked and we were offered the other AS resorts as options but they don't appeal to me. Our MJ agent suggested ONE room at Port Orleans Riverside with a trundle be which will fit all of us as opposed to the TWO rooms at ASmo with the dining plan promotion. One moderate room was same price as two value rooms (had to double-check with DH to see if he would kill Grandpa if we shared a room!). Now we're more excited b/c we have never stayed in a moderate resort and the pictures look wonderful. So we are just as happy with our back-up resort as our first preference resort.

ariel03
04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
I think you picked the best dates for POP.. I did notice those dates were open but everybody wants the begining of the promo or the end of the promo. We will be there the 12-17

We are going to be at POP the 11th - 18th :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm still working with Melissa at MJ to secure a ressie. Asked for WL, nothing.....went the other extreme with POP, nothing, but Movies was available.....somehow Movies is ALWAYS available!!! When DH said he thought about asking his dad and stepmom to go the value resort went out the window.....so now I'm trying to decide if CSR is for us, but Melissa knows I don't like huge resorts.....so we're trying for POFQ, which is where we stayed last year!! I'm not sure yet if we are even going to go -- last year it was pretty busy......maybe we'll wait til October and go for the F&W festival (which DH enjoys a LOT!)........who knows!!!!

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-17-2007, 08:58 AM
We were not able to get free dining with the resort we wanted and I was dead set on AKL for our honeymoon so unfortunately we are going to not go with the free dining and still do AKL. It really has put a damper on the whole planning because I have been looking forward to the free dining for months.

Dicecatt262
04-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Don't let it put a damper on it, because there could be another discount released! And even if there isn't, AKL is gorgeous and it is your honeymoon! Don't let anything spoil it. For 2 people, if you are going for 7 nights, savings is about $500, not enough to let it upset your wonderful honeymoon!

teresa955
04-17-2007, 09:22 PM
We got what we wanted (Pop) when we called on the first day it was open for Disney Visa card holders. When my sister called when it opened to everyone she was unable to get Pop and got AS Music.:( They have never been. We have stayed at the Music before and we like it but I think Pop makes a bigger impact for a first time stay. Plus we were hoping to be at the same resort. I have all her info and I am going to keep calling back to see if anything opens up.

lilmattie13
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
We wanted POp for Sept 12- 18 but it was sold out. We didnt book until it was open to the public.

Our next choice was ASMovies but that too was sold out.

We were going to stay at ASMusic but then I spoke with Terriesue at MJ and was going to bump up to a moderate instead.

We then were going to stay at CB but after reading up decided to go with POR.

So with all that said we are staying at POR and I cant wait...

My nonPOP trip ended up with us upgrading and I am so :D :party:

Pop Centurion
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
At first I didn't. :( It was very stressful on the 12th. I went to my TA around 12noon to make reservations. The TA that I've dealt with for years no longer works there so I had to deal with someone else. When she entered the info a red screen popped up on her computer saying that Pop was unavailable. She said she could put in a request to see what happens but wouldn't get an answer til Sunday when she returns to work because she was off for 2 days. :( Went home worried, not knowing if I'd get it or not. I decided to check the Disney site myself and it too said unavailable for those dates. So I then called WDW and was told the same thing. So after that and seeing so many Intercotees not getting Pop either I called my TA and told her it was def booked to book AS Movies. That too was booked :mad: So I asked for AS Music...... Booked :mad: I told her I just got off the phone with WDW and they said it was available. She said the best she could do was put in a request. After hanging up I was so frustrated I decided to book it myself through WDW and settled for AS Music. Sunday I get a call from my TA and said my request for Pop was approved :D :D :D
I'm still waiting a few days before I cancel my res for AS music just to be safe.

Goofster
04-18-2007, 02:30 PM
We were set on going to the WL again, but could not book anything the week of September 9th or the 16th. So, we decided to book the Poly instead. It's a little more than the WL, but DW and I are looking forward to it. Can't wait to go! :mickey:

bcornette
04-18-2007, 03:24 PM
We didn't get our first or second choice. First choice was POP, then Movies, we finally got into music. We are checking in on 9/22 and have 12 people.
Last year we did riverside but this time we are taking extra people and need to be more on a budget.
I called at 11am the first day it was available to Visa holders.

julm26
04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
We had POP booked before free dining - but when our AAA TA went to add free dining POP was not available (she called on thursday) so we settled for ASMusic but my DH really wanted POP. I called Disney Reservations directly on friday and was able to get POP!!!! so we cancelled our AAA ressie and will get our $200 back!!!

MushuGrl
04-19-2007, 12:29 PM
WOW!!! This makes me feel better!!! We really wanted POP, too, but when getting quotes was told it was sold out for week of Sept. 9-15.

We haven't booked yet as we're waiting for our friend's vacation days to get cleared, but we're looking at the CBR upgrade. That's killer :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
04-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Update for us....we asked for WL first --nada, then POP --nada, but Movies was available.....no go with DH. Then I resorted to POFQ as my last request......we got that, but Melissa at MJ said it took some wrangling!!! After all this, DH is thinking he'd rather go for the F&W festival like we normally do, and free dining ends before that starts.......so now, I'm on the fence again!!