PDA

View Full Version : Character Buffets Not Worth the Money??

crazeedizneefinatic
04-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I was wondering something. I see quite a few posts stating not to use the dining credits for character meals, since the value is not there. We are going in September with the free dining plan. There are 3 adults and 1 child. I have looked over menus and tried to pick what my husband and son would eat. They are very "american cuisine" type of people. Meaning if it's not chicken, steak and potatoes and pasta we are out of luck. Are the character meals worth the TS credits. We have done quite a few but have also snuck a few "have to tries" in there to. Le Cellier, Coral Reef. Also can anyone answer if the kids menu has fries? I see alot that don't. I hate to admit but my son usually eats fries with his meal when we dine out. Thanks!!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
04-13-2007, 12:40 PM
1) Character breakfasts are NEVER worth DDP coupons.
2) You need about $27+ per person for a TS to be worth it.
3) Other than CRT, there is no b'fast over $19/adult.
4) Since CRT takes 2-coupons, it is even a worse deal.
5) Best to use TS coupons for dinners.

NOTE: Character breakfasts cannot be justified on the food. In most cases, the food is just average. It is the characters for which you are paying.

Speedy1998
04-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I think they are. Most the people that say they are not worth the table credits are trying to "get the most" out of the dining plan by getting the most expensive meals they can find. Personnally, I feel that as long as I average $40 worth of credits a day I am doing fine. So even if you are doing a Character breakfast, you make it are making it half way to that $40 goal with just the table service. If you do a lunch or a dinner with the characters you are even closer to that $40 per day goal.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks,I feel a little better. The character meals which we have are 4 dinners and 1 breakfast. My son absolutely LOVES chef mickeys for breakfast so I could not say no. The character buffets we choose are all 1 TS credits. They all seem to be in the 24-28 dollar range. I figured with the free dining this would be the year to do it. Thanks so much!

January-2007
04-13-2007, 12:55 PM
If you have kids they're worth it, sure, and during FREE dining, absolutely. Not to have to stop every time you see a line up to meet a characater in the parks because you have all ready met them at a meal, priceless. Plus, sometimes kids don't like to sit still, or wait for an entree, and at the character buffets they can have fun and eat as soon as you get there. Do what's best for your family and don't worry too much about "getting your money's worth" it's really not the most important thing sometimes. Meals are free, kids are happy, what could be better? :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks! I thought the same thing. It's free! I don't think any other trip we would do the same thing. I am a bit worried about our Coral Reef reservation. Not only have I heard mixed reviews but everyone says the service is so sloooow. I don't know how long my sons attention will be held by the fish, now me on the other hand....lol. I will be packing something to keep him busy that day. Thanks for the input!

CleveSJM
04-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I would suggest paying for the Character Breakfast OOP and using the TS saved there to upgrade to a nice 2TS dinner, like the Luau or Artist's Point.

illini
04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Another in agreement that they're worth it.

Also ditto CleveSM who suggested paying OOP for the breakfast and having another meal or a nicer 2-credit TS. If there's nothing else you want to try, just use the credit but if you were trying to add something else in or switch to something fancier, that's the way to do it!

4myprincesses
04-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I was going to repeat most of what is above. The dining plan is free, so anything you want to do within the rules is "worth it"...besides worth is different to every eye.

The suggestion to pay for Chef Mickey's Breakfast is a good one and the suggestion to use your extra credit's at Artist Point is an even better suggestion. The food there is AMAZING, the service wonderful, AND as far as two credit restaurants go it is about the best option for kids. It's layout is wide open with large windows and a good kids menu. Worth considering and if you go make sure you order the berry cobbler, YUM!