PDA

View Full Version : Birthday lunch/dinner for a 12 yr old?

Disneydynomite
04-13-2007, 12:02 PM
So we will have a birthday boy turning 12 on our trip in May/June. Where would be a fun and exciting place to take him? We will be a large party (11) and it can be lunch or dinner. It can be on or off property as we have a car.

We have a Rainforest cafe here in Az so that is out.

Thanks in advance :party:

wendy*darling
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I have 2 older boys who were around 12 on some of our trips. Their favorite restaurants at that age were:
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)- lots of fun and games, rustic theme, all you can eat skillet meals.
'Ohana (Polynesian)- another all you can eat meal- huge skewers of meats brought to the table, a gorgeous view of MK. If you time dinner during the MK fireworks, they turn down the lights and pipe in the music.
Chef Mickey's (Contemporary)- 12 can be a hard age. If your son has fun with the characters, this is great place for a birthday dinner. But if he's of the in-between, "I'm too cool" mind set, then I'd skip this one.
In the World Showcase, I'd recommend Biergarten in Germany. Long tables (you'd need 2), lots of food, an oom-pah band show. Lots of fun.

Those are the ones my 2 sons recommend most often.

There are lots of places to choose from, and frankly, anyplace you are all together will be fun and memorable. Remember to mention the birthday when you make your ADR and again when you check in that night. Magic has been known to happen on occasion!

We never leave property when we are in WDW- so I have no off-site recommendations.

One last recommendation: I'd hurry up and choose someplace fast. Reservations open up at 180 days out, so many of the good times/restaurants may be booked by now. You may have to have a list of places and call to see which, if any, are available. Be flexible.

Cinderelley
04-17-2007, 03:49 AM
My boys would second O'hana's or Whispering Canyon Cafe.