PDA

View Full Version : Do you confirm ADRs?

AvonleaCF
04-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I made my ADRs for my September trip on the 180 day mark. Should I call back at some point to confirm them or just trust that they're in the system?

Dopey's Girl
04-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't think you need to call...just bring your confirmation #'s with you, and when you check in to your resort, they can give you a print out to confirm them all for you.

I have done that the last few times, and if there is a discrepancy, as long as you have your confirm. #, they can take care of it quite easily!

mrsgaribaldi
04-13-2007, 12:57 PM
:offtopic: Dopey's girl I love your avatar!!! Did Beth do that for you? It's awesome:thumbsup:

illini
04-13-2007, 01:18 PM
i just keep the conf #s and get a printout at the hotel. last trip when i called to make a last minute change, the CM went ahead and reviewed all of them with me.

Mary Poppins fan
04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm a little compulsive about planning. About a week before we leave I call and confirm everything! :blush: I'd rather make sure everything is all set before we leave than have to hassle with it during vacation...

QTPie68
04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
I always confirm my resissies, dining and everything else a week before.

And, if for some reason I am on the phone with Disney Dining to make a change in the ADR's, then I will also re-confirm all of the times then too, just in case an error was made....and believe me, have caught a few errors too!

January-2007
04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I just hope if you do call to confirm your ADRs the CM you speak to is more helpful than the one I talked to today. Oh. my. gosh. She practically refused to help me. All I wanted to do was verify my reservations, it wasn't like she was getting paid less for talking to me than somebody else, it was so strange. So here's some :pixie: that nobody has any problems and everything turns out perfect!

alpro2
04-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I have called the past few trips to confirm and sure enough, there were some errors. Better safe than sorry.

SBETigg
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I made my ADRs for my September trip on the 180 day mark. Should I call back at some point to confirm them or just trust that they're in the system?

Cindy, so funny you should ask! I normally assume that as long as I print up my confirmation numbers, I'll be fine. But this time, for some reason, I have been freaking out about the potential of something getting messed up for my August trip. I am ridiculously happy with my ADRs, and free dining overlaps some of my trip(though I am missing out on it.) So I called to make sure yesterday, and all of my ADRs were just fine.

I'll print up the confirmations and check again a week before the trip, but I am just far more relaxed now having asked. The CM was very friendly and helpful. I'm sure everything will be fine, but if you need reassurance, just call. They're great.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I always double check all my reservations: planes, hotel rooms, ADR's. I'm compulsive that way.

Vinny
04-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I always confirm my resissies, dining and everything else a week before.

And, if for some reason I am on the phone with Disney Dining to make a change in the ADR's, then I will also re-confirm all of the times then too, just in case an error was made....and believe me, have caught a few errors too!

I do the same. A short phone call to Disney Dining helps assure me there won't be any 'surprises' when I arrive for my ADR's.

alpro2
04-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Just to add, a few years back, we made an ADR for the Luau (we were on the DDP, so we made ADR's for everynight). We checked in at the show and they did not have my ADR. They then told me that my reservation was the previous night. :confused: We were told to stand off to the side and wait until they could "fit' us in. Since we had to wait, no family picture was taken by the staff. We were finally seated (the meal had already started) and we were "shoved" all the way in corner - terrible view of the stage. Just think how we felt - $150 for chicken and ribs, no picture, couldn't see the show....

That was when I learned to confirm all ADRs.

tinksmom02
04-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm a little compulsive about planning. About a week before we leave I call and confirm everything! :blush: I'd rather make sure everything is all set before we leave than have to hassle with it during vacation...

I'm the same way, I call about a week beforehand just to review everything.

Do that with my rental car company, too, after I showed up once to pick up my car, for which they had no reservation. Learned my lesson the hard way, that time!

Goes4FastPass
04-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Yes. Always. A week before we leave for our trip.