PDA

View Full Version : Walking between AK & AKL

ILoveLegos
04-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I have a question about just how close AK is to AKL. On the bus I've passed AKL on the way to AK, but is there some sort of walking path that connects the two? I have a dinner Ressie @ Boma @ 5:00 pm (this will be our first time @ both AKL and BOMA) and it will be the day that we're visiting AK. I plan to leave AK @ 4:00 pm and go to AKL, are the two close enough together to walk between? Or should I just catch the bus for the 5 min (according to intercot) air conditioned ride? What do you do? :confused:

richardsa98
04-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately, you have to take the bus to AKL from AK. While it would be nice, there is no walking path!
Enjoy BOMA:thumbsup:

pixieprelude
04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
The only way to get from Animal Kingdom to AKL is by bus, it takes about 2 minutes. Bomas is great have fun and try everything.

lockedoutlogic
04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
You will have to take the AKL resort bus from the front of Animal Kingdom....

While it seems logical that you could walk to AKL from the park....the main animal care areas for the Kilimanjaro Safaris as well as a large portion of the support facilities for the park lie in between the park and the Lodge....

There will more than likely never be any land connection between AKL and AK...the area is just to large to bridge...and it is filled with 10,000 pound animals and carnivores....

ILoveLegos
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
"There will more than likely never be any land connection between AKL and AK...the area is just to large to bridge...and it is filled with 10,000 pound animals and carnivores...."

Oohhh! Thanks for the input, I'd hate to become dinner on my way to dinner! We'll take the bus to BOMA!

:funny: